Thank God You're Here

Remove this Banner Ad

a like it alot except when a female performs.

girls are basically not funny and the sooner the show realises that the better.

It's like Whose Line is it Anyway, except a much, much less interesting version of it. Occasionally has funny moments, (due to the fact the comedians are there) but you really need to have people who can be consistently funny with these improvisation thingies (i.e. Colin Mockrey and Ryan Styles in Whose Line)

GoSydneySwans said:
It's like Whose Line is it Anyway, except a much, much less interesting version of it. Occasionally has funny moments, (due to the fact the comedians are there) but you really need to have people who can be consistently funny with these improvisation thingies (i.e. Colin Mockrey and Ryan Styles in Whose Line)

I agree with that comparison..that is exactly what I thought when I first saw the show!

GoSydneySwans said:
Yeah I love Whose Line, I guess it reflects on how much better American and international comedy is compared to Australian.

I watched the first episode of TGYH but it didn't really impress me, has it gotten better?

1. I hope fifi box dies...she is the worst.
2. They nearly need to have Frank Woodley and Angus Sampson on 100% of the time.
3. Females as comedians in general are not very funny...Not trying to be sexist tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarryd_S said:
Best so far have been Shaun Micallef, Frank Woodley, Angus Simpson and Bob Franklin.

Yep I'd agree with that, I never though Angus would be any good but hes great, i love that bit in the Robin Hood skit they keep playing on the ad.

"Come, let us be gay"

"oh, my favourite part of the evening"

You can chuck in Peter Rowsthorn as well... those 5 are quality. Fifi Box is shocking

I enjoy watching it. Some scenes are stale as and some comedians take 5 seconds to think of something to say (Fifi Boxx, for example. Shocking). But overall I enjoy watching it before House.

It seems the few episodes I have watched the least funny person ends up the winner, has it's moments, Micallef is one of the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back