Thank you Brisbane for helping to maintain a national perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 22, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thank you..Thank you ..Thank you..

I have never watched a G.F. played at the MCG..be it VFL or Our National Code with so much anticipation, hope and emotion as I did todays..It had absolutely nothing to do with Brisbanes opponent ..except that the club was formerly a part of the regional VFL comp that precursedOur AFL.

It was the joy of watching a team from a Rugby league state with virtually no backup resource football comp, beat a powerhouse Melbourne based side.

It was a joy to watch and know the effective results this win will have in Queensland for our national code..

From A Port Adelaide Supporter...Thank you Brisbane Lions..you little rippers !!

PA1870

Originally posted by Port Adelaide 1870
Thank you..Thank you ..Thank you..

It was the joy of watching a team from a Rugby league state with virtually no backup resource football comp, beat a powerhouse Melbourne based side.

From A Port Adelaide Supporter...Thank you Brisbane Lions..you little rippers !!

PA1870

A team from a rugby league state ?

5 from WA
1 from NT
2 from SA
1 from ACT
16 from VIC
9 from QLD (and some of them not born in QLD)

As pleased as we all are that Essendon lost, let's stick to the facts.

Re: Re: Thank you Brisbane for helping to maintain a national perspective

Originally posted by DarkRider

A team from a rugby league state ?

5 from WA
1 from NT
2 from SA
1 from ACT
16 from VIC
9 from QLD (and some of them not born in QLD)

As pleased as we all are that Essendon lost, let's stick to the facts.

So..Clear this up for me...Queensland is ..?? Not a Rugby league state ?
Its an Australian Football state..

Ummm..the last time I was in Brisbane I couldnt find Jack about Aussie rules amongst the sea of Rugby news in the paper...

The Facts are quite plain and simple...Brisbane is a Rugby city...period..

Aussie rules is foreign to their culture..And the Aussie rules team from Brisbane won the AFL grand Final in Melbourne the self appointed Home of Australian Rules football...

Therefore..a team from a rugby league state beat the all conquering, omnipotent, Godlike, Melbourne based football team..

that sorta looks like the facts to me...

PA1870

There's that Port Adelaide "logic" at work again.

The CLUB is from a rugby state.
The TEAM is largely from AFL football states.

A trifle pedantic, I would agree, but true nevertheless.:)

Originally posted by DarkRider
There's that Port Adelaide "logic" at work again.

The CLUB is from a rugby state.
The TEAM is largely from AFL football states.

A trifle pedantic, I would agree, but true nevertheless.:)

Up until yesterday......

The Brisbane lions players could walk the streets of Brisbane with impunity, unrecognised, un pressured, unaccountable to people in the street...

The accountability only became a factor once they walked into...what is generally a deserted clubrooms...
Well they were for the period I was up in Brisbane..

So...To have players that rely to the largest degree on motivation that comes from within...with out Community pressure and expectancy....Is simply an enormous result to win an Australian Rules Football G.F. at AFL level.

PA1870

Remove this Banner Ad

Back