Thanks to the Melbourne Football Club (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

purpleman

Senior List
Nov 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Just following on from my post on the main board.
My cousin was over from Scotland last year and was particularly taken by AFL(I think more with the players than the game) but very taken none the same.
She is a young attractive woman of twenty three who was studying to do something in sports medicine and even thought of coming back to Australia on completion of her studies.

We got a phone call from my uncle about three months ago letting us know that Morvan was not that well and was having to go to hospital for some test, which unfortunately revealed a particularly agressive form of cancer in the stomach and other areas of her body.
Being so far away I had no idea how I could show our support to her, so I asked the MFC if I could purchase something with Jim's autograph on it for her, as I felt his story and inspiration would lift anyones spirits and obviously give hope to someone who's life had just been turned upside down.
The club responded and have sent a signed copy of his book and would not accept payment for the gift. Which they didn't need to do and could easily have asked for money which again they didnt do.
As I said earlier I felt it was a great thing to do so I have become a member of the Melbourne Football Club and intend to remain so.
This was a hard thing for me to do as I'm also a foundation member of the Freo Footy Club and pretty passionate about them, however a plus for me is that I can now say I'm a member of a premiership winning club :).
Anyway this was about my cousin and the most generous gesture of your club, so thank you very much a d when I hear good news I will come back and post.
See you all in round 20 at the MCG. Good luck with your injuries and hope you can string together a few wins.

I'm glad the MFC and Jim could do something to help. :thumbsu:

All the best to Morvan and your family. :heart:

Welcome to the 2nd most injured club this season, behind Freo ofcourse. In fact as you now support both teams (sort of) you could field a solid team from the combined injury list's. :p

Thanks for the story. Very impressive from both you and the MFC. Best wishes to Morvan and your family. You should get her back over here and go see the next possible Melbourne vs Freo game. :)

Well, 'purpleman' you may have just pushed us above 36k which is great.

I have no doubt that a signed copy of Jimmy's book could do wonders for your friends spirit so well done to the club and well done to you for thinking of your friend like this - hope everything comes good.:thumbsu:

Thanks for the story. Very impressive from both you and the MFC. Best wishes to Morvan and your family. You should get her back over here and go see the next possible Melbourne vs Freo game. :)

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and this is a great idea about getting her over for a Melbourne Freo game. Im going to do what I can to make this happen

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and this is a great idea about getting her over for a Melbourne Freo game. Im going to do what I can to make this happen

Guys I dont want to take away from your great win tonigh you deserve to celebrate. However ... became a member this week and tipped Melbourne to win tonight against the odds.

I hope this is a good luck omen for everyone .

Enjoy your win :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back