The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 was a bit of a strange draft. Melbourne selected Jack Watts #1 and 4 of the first 7 players were from WA. Nic Nat came in at #2 and Stephen Hill at #3 who went on to have a better career than Watts. But again, they were WA boys and I doubt Melbourne were selecting someone from outside Victoria.

The following year they selected Tom Scully, who stayed for one year, at #1 and Jack Trengove at #2, and Dustin Martin went on to get selected #3 and win 3 Norm Smith’s.

It took Melbourne a long time to get out of the doldrums because they just had terrible luck with high draft picks.
That and the losing culture.

Someone said this as well in the media las day or so ...but i actually watched the Eagles game on the weekend over the bigger Lions game just to see Reid. Saw him play a half game last season for Bombers VFL and he was ridiculous ...took an absolute speccie as well.

He must have done the rounds last year. :p

1713860417954.jpeg

1713862845235.png

After a really good season last year I have been wondering why LDU has been so lethargic this season, coasting through games for the most part when he should be leading us forward and dominating games. This makes a bit of sense now. This would hurt a lot.

I was thinking about how good Harley Reid will become. And then I just read a stat that North Melbourne have won only 1 of their last 27 games and it happened to be the win that took them from 18th to 17th in Round 24 last year, which has lost them a potentially generational player. Did they have enough of losing? 😂
Yeah we had won a game to take us out of last and I was actually so annoyed. People can say, you should go for the win every time and whilst I agree, it was frustrating because of the two years of s**t we had gone through, at least we can have some reward with Harley Reid.

Sure we won a game but at what cost. Then North did the same and I was like. Nice. :D We got a win and still got the reward. Cheers North.

How was he a flight risk? He's a Vic.
figure of speech. Come on. Use a little common sense.
Had 3-4 clubs offering close to 1m a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

figure of speech. Come on. Use a little common sense.
Had 3-4 clubs offering close to 1m a year.

I see the board's lowest common denominator has wafted his stench in here again.
I mean I consider flight risk someone who is from another state.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on the left looks like Bailey Banfield.

What's weird about it?
In the last few days:

9043495B-3E7B-4DEF-8468-E7B2AABE811B.jpeg B163B3D3-24EB-464D-A7D4-C97C874372C0.jpeg 6A551C0A-D130-4DDE-AA72-2B63FF28F1FE.jpeg 06AD0475-FD69-4E15-9086-B15A3D60C590.jpeg 2C224631-5D3A-4809-A70A-362D5CE32E78.jpeg F500E2BE-2923-481A-A358-8BA75F5C96CF.jpeg 3124F205-2558-41C6-8360-1F54CA5855E7.jpeg

So bizarre. Looks like these covers were created by an obsessed/unhinged fan. I thought the Nick Daicos wank fest last year was bad but this is next level.

This is probably not doing him any favours either. Would hate for him to not live up to the hype.

It's embarrassing really. Fangirl levels by whoever is the editor. Yeah he's good, but he's also played 6 games? And while the game against Freo was really good (and the game before), his first few were only ok. You'd think he'd sewn up the Brownlow the way they go on about him.

The only flight risk opts to stay.
Been a good start to season 2024.

Moving him to the HBF has been a good move for his game, freed him up a fair bit. Would probably in the AA Squad of 40 currently.

Glad to have him locked down for a while, giving up the future first to Richmond for Tom Brown has worked out beautifully so far.

View attachment 1968434

After a really good season last year I have been wondering why LDU has been so lethargic this season, coasting through games for the most part when he should be leading us forward and dominating games. This makes a bit of sense now. This would hurt a lot.
Was reading that Ross the Boss is very keen on him.

He's a RFA in 2025, so you should hold your nerve and do a Jezza Cameron really.

Was reading that Ross the Boss is very keen on him.

He's a RFA in 2025, so you should hold your nerve and do a Jezza Cameron really.

SOS is their list manager. He’ll probably offer a 3rd Round pick and work down from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back