Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: It's time (to discuss the proper way to consume a carbonated beverage)

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbie Coltrane Drinking GIF

The backline is playing incredible footy though, as good as they were in 2021. They won basically all their one on one battle last night and worked to cover each other brilliantly when a teammate needed help, flawless game from them. If we can get a lift from our trillion dollar midfield that would be great.

Yep their form is ridiculous, really hope we don’t try and shove Salem back there (I’ve got Bowey in for Woewodin when he’s fit as the only change).

I’m a big critic of the coaching but they got it right last night. Was the first half crap to watch? Yes, but I’m aware the shift in the way we play the game is going to probably take 2/3 of the season to really set in. Goody came in with a plan, team executed it and thought he genuinely out coached Scott which is huge for him.

Yep their form is ridiculous, really hope we don’t try and shove Salem back there (I’ve got Bowey in for Woewodin when he’s fit as the only change).
******* hell I forgot Salem existed no wonder our back 6 has been looking so good.

The coaches definitely deserve credit. Kept Stewart out of the game. Really impressive to see us play a bit different, something we rarely do. Should have been up by 4 goals most of the night if we didn't miss some absolute sitters in the second and third. Thought we were going to get rolled so I was pleasantly surprised. Defensive group are in outrageous form. Do it again Thursday!

What I love most about Simon today is he was asked about Bailey Fritsch's goal of the year in the presser and somehow segued into thanking supporters for making noise. :$

Professional stuff.
Roffey with a hand right up his arse working him like a little puppet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, I appear to have posted that in the Simon Goodwin thread somehow. Was wondering why it didn't have six laugh reacts yet.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Goody said they all knew there was a problem with the mid/forward connection last year and tried to fix it mid season but couldn't do so.
Looks like they still are unable to fix the issues over the off season and whatever they're doing at training doesn't stand up in an actual game of AFL against a decent opponent.

Feels a bit like Doggies and Beveridge, but realistically what coach are we going to get now if not Goodwin? Feel it has to work now, otherwise we're kinda ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back