MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see a Carlton v Collingwood GF this year. The AFL want it and both teams should be there abouts. Might leave the country if this happens.

Crows the smoky for me. Their midfield the only question mark really. If they had a star in there, then they'd be looking odds on for top 4. Gold Coast surely make the 8 this year finally. They have an awesome list of talent and a premiership coach now. No excuses. GWS another one to watch. Hard seeing them not high up there with the talent on their list and the way they are playing for their coach. Sydney, Saints and Dees vulnerable tbh. West Coast and Kangas probably the only 2 teams genuinely not a chance for the 8. Tigers could drop away quickly as well if they lose a few early. I think it's a genuine 50/50 whether we make finals or not.

When your the biggest club in the county, build a new space off a government grant for your AFLW and netball sides, but then fold the netball side and now the AFL boys can use the space during the season

When your the biggest club in the county, build a new space off a government grant for your AFLW and netball sides, but then fold the netball side and now the AFL boys can use the space during the season
They keep finding ways for the public to hate them even more. But hey, don't act like we wouldn't have done the same. There is a reason why Collingwood have made the most GF's out of any club, because they keep advancing and don't give a f* what other clubs or fans think. They keep finding ways to improve their club. This looks a bit smelly on the surface, but they are the club with brand new facilities. We are still trying to find a location for our club. FFS

Brisbane
GWS
Collingwood
Carlton
Adelaide
Sydney
GC
Geelong

There’s your top 8.

Flag - Brisbane or GWS
Runner up - GWS or Brisbane

Lions will find another gear. Didn’t get blown away in the GF which is big. Fagan will find something for them. GWS very well coached and can see them getting their first flag soon.

Brisbane
GWS
Collingwood
Carlton
Adelaide
Sydney
GC
Geelong

There’s your top 8.

Flag - Brisbane or GWS
Runner up - GWS or Brisbane

Lions will find another gear. Didn’t get blown away in the GF which is big. Fagan will find something for them. GWS very well coached and can see them getting their first flag soon.
Is this gonna be another year where people say "GC will make the 8" ...really? Have we learnt nothing.

Is this gonna be another year where people say "GC will make the 8" ...really? Have we learnt nothing.
If you just say it every year, eventually you’re going to be right.

Law of averages

If you just say it every year, eventually you’re going to be right.

Law of averages
Easier to wait for it to happen instead of trying to be a genius and being wrong constantly.

look, i said this privately to my best mate today that we are the Baltimore Ravens of the AFL (or there the Dees of the NFL?)
On paper Best list, Best team at points during the year (they should of been playing SF in the SB), both teams finding ways to lose winnable games.

look, i said this privately to my best mate today that we are the Baltimore Ravens of the AFL (or there the Dees of the NFL?)
On paper Best list, Best team at points during the year (they should of been playing SF in the SB), both teams finding ways to lose winnable games.

We don’t have the best list. Would give that title to Brisbane.

Netball side was costing them millions, was a dumb investment in the first place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Netball side was costing them millions, was a dumb investment in the first place
Admittedly I don't have all the info but the allegation as I understand it seems to be they basically went to the government asking for $15m to build the training facilities for their netball team then pissed off the netball team a few years later and got a taxpayer funded facilities upgrade for their footy team.

If they lost less money on their netball team than the tax money they got for their facilities upgrade then they came out ahead.

Admittedly I don't have all the info but the allegation as I understand it seems to be they basically went to the government asking for $15m to build the training facilities for their netball team then pissed off the netball team a few years later and got a taxpayer funded facilities upgrade for their footy team.

If they lost less money on their netball team than the tax money they got for their facilities upgrade then they came out ahead.
For now maybe but Craig Kelly spoke about it and basically was saying that between netball and AFLW they were running at a financial loss still.

For now maybe but Craig Kelly spoke about it and basically was saying that between netball and AFLW they were running at a financial loss still.
I mean, that's how I'd sell it if I was in his position too.

I don't know if there was malice in it but it's pretty s**t seeing the biggest club in the land con the government into a facility upgrade whilst we've been nomads since the 60's

I mean, that's how I'd sell it if I was in his position too.

I don't know if there was malice in it but it's pretty s**t seeing the biggest club in the land con the government into a facility upgrade whilst we've been nomads since the 60's
He also didn't advocate for the netball team either he's just taken over, looked over the finances and said the AFLW plus netball was costing them millions and decided * off the netball.
Pretty sure Essendon got theirs payed for as well, our problem is we don't have a home still so we don't get s**t.

Real sceptical of this "operating at a loss" type of stuff.

My business had a few years of very poor financial performance, largely due to me spending capital on personal trips to music festivals (here and abroad), furniture for my house, heavy metal records etc. One year I even claimed some vintage toys I bought from ebay. I called them "office adornments", of course my clients really cared about my collection of GI Joe figures 😂

All very important things for the running of a moderately successful business Mr. Taxman!

Still, you do what you can, can't blame the Pies for cooking the books. Everyone tries to.

I'm not going to comment as you all know where i stand with my enjoyment on woman's sports overall, but i did want to add to woman's tennis. Good to watch, get some good rallies in woman's tennis

I'm not going to comment as you all know where i stand with my enjoyment on woman's sports overall, but i did want to add to woman's tennis. Good to watch, get some good rallies in woman's tennis
I said women's tennis. No question about that, very profitable. Good personalities, some good eye candy and a good skill level/watch.

I said women's tennis. No question about that, very profitable. Good personalities, some good eye candy and a good skill level/watch.
Yeah i know you said it, I just wanted to add on why i like it too

Sky Brown should be a bigger name than what she is in women's sport, that kid is ******* incredible, bronze medal at the Olympics as a 13 year old. The women's Tony Hawk by the time she's done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back