Sep 26, 2010
Cockatoo, Vic
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Peel Thunder, Bristol City
Rise of the Phoenix, or erm, TCB '16...

Hi there,

My name is Kris Dwyer and I'm the sole developer of a game formerly known as FootyCoach, now known as The Coaches Box 2016.

To give you a brief history, development stormed along in 2012, before children & the destruction of both backup and developing code led to an unfortunate stay in development hell for the game.

As you could imagine, losing over 10,000 lines of code is devestating and put things on the back burner for a wee while.

Since 2014, the game has slowly been rewritten with quicker code, and less bugs - just things that have been learnt as time goes by.

As of today, the game itself has managed to be rebuilt to 15,613* lines of code.

For a full history, just take a glance over at our Facebook page at www.fb.com/coachesboxgame and you can see the evolution that the game itself has undertaken.

At one time, several BF forum regs were testing the much broken game for me, and it would be great to get some sort of community backing once more.

We've also got a website running once again at www.coachesbox.info - which is where we do the majority of the testing recruitment and whatnot.

Some of the features I'm aiming to have ready for release later this yeare are: Multiple Seasons, Drafts, Simultaneous lower leagues amongst others.

I'll be posting back on here to keep you guys updated (just like on the FB and website), and am more than happy to answer questions.

Cheers,
Kris

* as of 18/09/15

I wouldn't mind checking it out for my league! I'm kinda trying to find a new engine for my league as I'm currently using AFL Live 2 and I want to move on from it and Footy Fanatic FX is a hassle to handle when your trying to make your own lists!

I wouldn't mind checking it out for my league! I'm kinda trying to find a new engine for my league as I'm currently using AFL Live 2 and I want to move on from it and Footy Fanatic FX is a hassle to handle when your trying to make your own lists!

One of the key features I've spent the last weekend fixing/making easier, is the editor so you'll be able to put your own leagues/lists in. I've also set the game to autopopulate lists as well for those who want that extra fantasy element.

Keen to see the updates

Thanks for the support mate. I'll be posting updates majoritively on the FB and on the website, but will post when new versions arrive on here, as well as check back for any questions :)

Does this game allow you to play like live? Or is it simulation only?

I'm guessing you mean "live" like "AFL Live". Alas, no, this game is a management sim, more akin to Premiership Coach.

I meant you can play in game like footy fanatic.

Oh yes, definitely, there is a match engine (most of which I'm shelving and rewriting this week to be more realistic and cleaner).

Some of the stuff I'll be keeping from the old engine I wrote is the ability to implement your own tactics and preferred rotations.

Although I will need to read over the new rules with amount of interchanges in the league given the abolition of the sub.

Could be a little funny if I implemented a penalty for going over right? ;)

Oh yes, definitely, there is a match engine (most of which I'm shelving and rewriting this week to be more realistic and cleaner).

Some of the stuff I'll be keeping from the old engine I wrote is the ability to implement your own tactics and preferred rotations.

Although I will need to read over the new rules with amount of interchanges in the league given the abolition of the sub.

You're more up to date than the AFL itself!

Very keen for this :)

Thanks for the kind words, will hope to keep you updated in the near future!

You're more up to date than the AFL itself!

In a funny story, I actually pre-empted the sub rule before it was implemented. Now i just nee the AFL to go to a Conference system and i'll be 2/2 for my crystal ball predictions ;)

Does it also have an option to simulate a match without controlling a team like Footy Fanatic FX?

So hyped!!!! Can't wait hopefully it will become the next top game.

Honestly I want to keep it as faithful as possible to us the fans. I want it to be deep enough for those who crave depth in the game, but also simple enough that a young'un could pick it up and not struggle to learn the basics.

Does it also have an option to simulate a match without controlling a team like Footy Fanatic FX?

Yep, that's the intention. I've also set it up so in the editor when you're editing teams, you can add x amount of randomly generated players with randomly generated stats for those like yourself who create or run fantasy leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I want to keep it as faithful as possible to us the fans. I want it to be deep enough for those who crave depth in the game, but also simple enough that a young'un could pick it up and not struggle to learn the basics.

Yep, that's the intention. I've also set it up so in the editor when you're editing teams, you can add x amount of randomly generated players with randomly generated stats for those like yourself who create or run fantasy leagues.
I'd be willing to test it but I don't think I'd be active enough to post updates!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back