The crooks at ALP NSW HQ Sussex Street

Remove this Banner Ad

no thanks id rather not vote for a party who claims to be the moral superiors while consistently being hypocritcal.
Consistently hypocritical? Do provide some evidence.

And quite apart from that, considering the multitude of grave challenges facing Australia and the world, what person of at least average intelligence and honesty can look down the barrel of all that and say that Labor or the Coalition are equipped to deal with it all?

People can say the Greens aren’t the answer.

But if they’re suggesting Labor or the Coalition are, given what we’ve seen from them over the past few decades, I’d say they need their head read.

Consistently hypocritical? Do provide some evidence.

And quite apart from that, considering the multitude of grave challenges facing Australia and the world, what person of at least average intelligence and honesty can look down the barrel of all that and say that Labor or the Coalition are equipped to deal with it all?

People can say the Greens aren’t the answer.

But if they’re suggesting Labor or the Coalition are, given what we’ve seen from them over the past few decades, I’d say they need their head read.
well we have the greens talk about wanting an icac it then gets exposed that one of theor senatprs took their kid on the whale watching tour with them.

the greens complain about politicians misusing entitlement and yet they have the senator with one of the largest travel bills owed.

they complain about policies regarding the environment etc like stop adani and champion the work of bob brwpn because coal is very evil and then equally support his anti renewable stance on the tasmanian wind farm despite this being the exact source of power wanted by the greens.

do i need to go on more then?

do i need to go on more then?
Yes, keep going. So far that's distinctly small bikkies compared to the history of LibLab corruption over the years.

They're not perfect, but by any objective measure, the Greens have a far cleaner slate than the two tired old parties.

And they're actively calling for an end to the donations rorts, while Coalition and Labor try to bluff, deflect, dissemble and deceive.

Sometimes there are things bigger than party barracking. I've voted Labor in the past, even Coalition in the deep dark past, but to me both parties have now completely disqualified themselves from deserving office due to their craven acts of the last couple of decades. They do not deserve anyone's vote.

Generally speaking, though I suspect there are often FIRB investigations in larger farms.

But you did seem to gloss over the fact that he was all in favour of Chinese mining when they were giving him millions, but all against it once they were done giving him millions.
You can take the boy out of the Country Party, but you can't take the Country Party out of the boy.

Generally speaking, though I suspect there are often FIRB investigations in larger farms.

But you did seem to gloss over the fact that he was all in favour of Chinese mining when they were giving him millions, but all against it once they were done giving him millions.
Dont know the story, all I could find is that he sold his farm to wholly owned subsidiary of Whitehaven Coal who are headquartered in NSW

You can take the boy out of the Country Party, but you can't take the Country Party out of the boy.

I think the better expression is: everyone has a price.

Dont know the story, all I could find is that he sold his farm to wholly owned subsidiary of Whitehaven Coal who are headquartered in NSW

He sold the farms a couple of years later. For massive profits. To mining companies who clearly agreed with him that the farms were worth more because of higher grain prices.

Which is why the Greens are the only party calling for an end to political donations. They understand human behaviour and don’t have their head in the sand like the other parties.

They should lead by example and refuse them. Or cap them at $50 or something small.

Its no different to Ron Paul who was the most anti big government Congressman in the US, while ensuring his District was the most highly funded in the country - because until the government shrinks he may as well take advantage of it.

They should lead by example and refuse them. Or cap them at $50 or something small.

Its no different to Ron Paul who was the most anti big government Congressman in the US, while ensuring his District was the most highly funded in the country - because until the government shrinks he may as well take advantage of it.
From their website:

We would also cap all donations (including from individuals, unions and charities) to no more than $1,000 per year.

The Greens’ Political Donations Enhancing Transparency Bill resets the disclosure threshold at $1000; prevents ‘donation splitting’ by requiring all donations from a single donor in one financial year to be accumulative; bans donations from foreign interests; bans all anonymous gifts above $50; and tightens up penalties.

Read it all here:

https://greens.org.au/campaigns/dirty-donations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From their website:

We would also cap all donations (including from individuals, unions and charities) to no more than $1,000 per year.

The Greens’ Political Donations Enhancing Transparency Bill resets the disclosure threshold at $1000; prevents ‘donation splitting’ by requiring all donations from a single donor in one financial year to be accumulative; bans donations from foreign interests; bans all anonymous gifts above $50; and tightens up penalties.

Read it all here:

https://greens.org.au/campaigns/dirty-donations

"Would". So why arent they doing it now? Surely the free news created from doing this would be worth far more than the donations they would be declining?

"Would". So why arent they doing it now? Surely the free news created from doing this would be worth far more than the donations they would be declining?
Ask them. I'm not their spokesperson, but I would suspect they would say it's only fair that the same rules apply to all. If you think you've hit on some killer angle, I think you're wrong. Compare their proposed rules to Lab/Lib.

Anyway, back on topic. The crooks in NSW Labor.

Labor and the Coalition have been sucking on the tainted teat for decades, blatantly ignoring the wishes of voters, and instead, cravenly doing the bidding of whoever pays them.

Greens: This is terrible! This is whiteanting democracy! No wonder the public's trust in politicians is at an all-time low!

We propose that everyone signs up for a stringent new set of regulations on political donations so we can start to win back the trust of the voters and they begin to see that we politicians are actually here to try to make things better for the majority of Australians.

Labor/Coalition: Nah.

Anonymous joe on Big Footy: OH MY GOD GREENS ARE SUCH HYPOCRITES!!! SAY ONE THING AND DO ANOTHER!!! JUST AS BAD AS ALL THE OTHERS!!! ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY THEY CAN SPONGE OUT OF THE SYSTEM!!!

That was in sydney you nong - guess which Branch organised it.

So? That didn't stop spiv Shorten trotting up here to hold his cap out for some Chinese $$$.

Jesus Christ you people are...what is a neutral word - unsubtle

I suppose life would be so much simpler if I became a drooling, chearleading fanbois for one side of politics...

As it is, I thoroughly enjoy ICAC, no matter which side is in the crosshairs.

Interestingly, Kaila Murnain was the driving force behind Kristina Keneally getting her Senate gig. Now perhaps non-NSW people will understand why she (KK) is seen as toxic up here.

I’m from NSW and I don’t see Kenneally as particularly toxic.
The damage was done LONG before she was installed.
Not even Gough himself could've saved them.

It's just the usual newscorpse scum shitting in their hands and flinging it

The damage was done LONG before she was installed.
Not even Gough himself could've saved them.

It's just the usual newscorpse scum s**tting in their hands and flinging it
Yup. I've already made it clear that due to the corrupting influence of political donations, I will not vote for Labor or the Coalition in a pink fit until they clean up their act.

Having said that, as shadow immigration minister, Kenneally is showing a humanity that she was clearly unable to fully express when premier of NSW.

In stark contrast to Albanese's pathetic Don't Poke The Bear strategy, she's ripping into Dutton's hypocrisy and incompetence, and early signs are that its resonating with the voters.

Dutton's electorate may have returned him with an increased majority, but I think there's a fair case most of the rest of Australian think he's an incompetent turd.

And her willingness to speak openly about her Catholic beliefs and yet rip into Cardinal Pell and other leading church figures who have committed paedophilia, shows this atheist at least that she is one Catholic prepared to live out her faith rather than toe the BS official line.

Yup. I've already made it clear that due to the corrupting influence of political donations, I will not vote for Labor or the Coalition in a pink fit until they clean up their act.

Having said that, as shadow immigration minister, Kenneally is showing a humanity that she was clearly unable to fully express when premier of NSW.

In stark contrast to Albanese's pathetic Don't Poke The Bear strategy, she's ripping into Dutton's hypocrisy and incompetence, and early signs are that its resonating with the voters.

Dutton's electorate may have returned him with an increased majority, but I think there's a fair case most of the rest of Australian think he's an incompetent turd.

And her willingness to speak openly about her Catholic beliefs and yet rip into Cardinal Pell and other leading church figures who have committed paedophilia, shows this atheist at least that she is one Catholic prepared to live out her faith rather than toe the BS official line.
You read Kath Murphys article on KK today ?

That’s bulls**t to be honest - the level of corruption down here is nothing compared to up there.

I remember they used to say the same thing about the police.

NB costs to taxpayers of desal is how much? Roger Rogerson got done for depositing 100k in a bank account. CFMEU milks billions and noone blinks an eyelid.

I remember they used to say the same thing about the police.

NB costs to taxpayers of desal is how much? Roger Rogerson got done for depositing 100k in a bank account. CFMEU milks billions and noone blinks an eyelid.

Dearie me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back