Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Depends whether you were into bands or bopping I guess.

Can remember seeing INXS and Divinyls on one night at 'Pepper's Place' (The Bridgeway these days).

Also recall dancing with Jason Donovan (Groove is in the Heart might have been the song) at some place when he was filming something in SA. At the club on Light Square that used to be a church). What was it called? Was it Heaven?
Diamonds? 69 Light Square

That is one of the problems trying to remember places from back then. They often closed down, had a bit of refurbishment and opened again with a new name.

I'm in that age bracket that remembers Regines AND Rise.
This disturbs me like you wouldn't believe.

Ok, so finished a coiple reads on the beaumont case....to me it's strange to connect VE to them. Of course i hear there may be a pic from the day that puts him there, however have not found that anywhere. Also, they were 3 girls...he was into boys/young men.
And the sketch of who they say was involved looks nothing like VE, so i don't get the comnection. Then there's the fact that he needed help gettin one young man into a scenario how would he have gotten 3 children to go with him without a fight.
Ok also used the link for wineville murders, wikipedia. Interesting but was pretty open and shut and very mild compared to some of this other stuff.
Now i do still have 15 tabs of stuff open i can't even remember what they all go to now lol but i have found a youtube channel for episodes of CA, so I'm off to clear those from my list. Still finding family stuff and now my questions about that are, the diary writer...died
One of the trannies who talked...died
And can't remember names but 2 others...died
That is all it says, so wondering and trying to find how all these connected people "died". Was or could of been the drugs, old age, maybe the lifestyle...aids/hiv
Orrr were they helped along in their demise. Honna need to go back, take down names and research maybe reports or just articles on causes of death, hmmm any public obits??
My dad (currently dead, sadly) who spent a fair bit of time in state 'care' here in Adelaide once referred to 2 guys, who claimed they had 'proof' of some paedo-blokes in high places & intended to make it public; both were "randomly gay-bashed to death" within a week of each other, at least according to the official story that is... (~late 90s early 2000s)
Don't think anyone was able to find said 'random gay-bashers' either... But so much for living would-be 'proof-revealers', anyway 🤐

Was it a station wagon?

Had a similar incident, me and a mate , just didn't feel right so we said no
My dad was hitchhiking and had a bloke offer a lift; just going 2 get in when he noticed what seemed to be a person in the rear footwell area under a blanket...
NOPE!
Quickly shut the door and said actually he'd just walk it's not far, and the car followed after him til he ran alongside the train line to get away (probably mid-late 1970s, I don't remember and he is currently dead so can't check)

I was disturbed in the early 90s (still in my 20s) when a woman at work who must have been 10, 15 years older than me said she and her friends used to party until all hours at Regine's when they were younger. The place didn't seem quite so cool to me after that lol.
Ok, this discussion is not complete without... The Arkaba! Before my time, but my economics teacher used to go to 'Grab a Granny' nights in the 90s (luv ya, Wilko!)

Having said that, my first underage rave (remember those?) was held there. GT, Uzi, etc, etc...

Remember that giaguys site with all that stuff about channel ten and famous and well connect people being involved in this kinda stuff
That all got shut down as well, site was run by a women from memory
Reckon it'd link in too
Or the child pawn/rent circle in USA when the guy had 10,000 - 30,000 index cards of customers/mag-subscribers that were handed to State Dept and the guy (?Mathew Nemitz?) who received them said they found no evidence of passport violations (!) so the whole lot destroyed...

Speaking of freezers...The body of Derrance Stevenson, was discovered curled into the fetal position and packed neatly into a chest freezer.

QUOTE​
"Online theorists have speculated that the "well-known Adelaide lawyer" that Woodards had a love affair with was none other than Derrance Stevenson, the well-known gay lawyer who was murdered, purportedly by his teenage lover, David Szach, in 1979.​
I also don't find it a coincidence that Alan Barnes - the first Family victim - was abducted just thirteen days after the death of Stevenson. Rumors have long circulated that Stevenson had had an interest in Alan Barnes in the weeks before his death, and that all of these men ran in the same clique that included Bevan Spencer von Einem and Woodards himself."​

So what if Azach did not even kill Derrance Stevenson and was incorrectly convicted or framed?
Sounds like it could be Woodard's cult who really murdered him. Woodards is in love with Stevenson,
but Stevenson betrays Woodard: Stevenson goes with Alan Barnes. Then within two weeks both Stevenson and
Barnes are dead.
Love how it's never stressed the relationship with Szachs began when he (Szachs) was still underage... Bet the Gambardelli (?) guy could answer the above question tho

The Unresolved in the link I posted above researched Woodards as well and couldn't find anything. If they can't find it, I reckon there's nothing there.
It's unusual for the accused in child sex offences to be named outright tho-
Most list initials only, so nobody can identify 'victim/s' by identifying perpetrator... 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only remember it as Ray's. In MY day we had to go to Melbourne to shop at Central Station Records lol

Oh - actually I think one opened later in Adelaide Arcade.

It’s disgraceful that they have only ever charged one person with these crimes. Makes you think do police not want to solve these.

Last edited:
It’s disgraceful that they have only ever charged one person with these crimes. Makes you think do police not want to solve these.

Aside from the possibility of other people being in the car when Richard Kelvin was taken, from the time BVE took him back to the house he shared with his mother who was away at the time, BVE did act alone. I think the evidence points towards that and Richard dying at Thora's.

The only evidence that there was anybody else in the car with BVE at the time Richard was taken, is someone saying they heard what sounded like a woman yelling. That may not have been connected at all to the abduction. BVE is very tall and powerful, he probably could have handled Richard on his own and we know that Richard sustained a serious head injury, which may have happened on trying to get him in the car.

If we entertain the possibility Richard died at Thora's, we also have to explore the possibility he wasn't taken to or held captive anywhere else. I've always suspected Richard's body may have been frozen, but that wouldn't account for apple and cornflakes in his stomach, unless BVE held him overnight and that was breakfast. Putting people in freezers wasn't a new thing by then.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we entertain the possibility Richard died at Thora's, we also have to explore the possibility he wasn't taken to or held captive anywhere else. I've always suspected Richard's body may have been frozen, but that wouldn't account for apple and cornflakes in his stomach, unless BVE held him overnight and that was breakfast. Putting people in freezers wasn't a new thing by then.

I thought it was cornstarch in his stomach. He may have eaten apple pie at his aunts. Also possible he picked up an apple there as well.

yep, cornstarch

kelvins stomach.jpg

I really hope for Richard's parents' sake that he died on or very soon after the night he was taken. The thought of their son being tortured for weeks must have been unimaginable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back