Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much spot on.

I just reckon Lyon had his swan song considering how ridiculously close he was to getting the chop after Sri Lanka and at times during this Sth Africa/Pakistan series. Who steps up will be the question.

Reckon Cummins will come back by then just because selectors love him and are dying to get him back over Pattinson.
Amazingly; he's in the top 10 wicket takers in Australian history and if he takes 9 wickets this tour he jumps to 46 in all time wicket takers.

Another tour shown little to no respect whatsoever, putting into question the point of said tour.
Not much they can do about Smith's injury.

But yeah it's pointless.

I'd make Head captain honestly.

Amazingly; he's in the top 10 wicket takers in Australian history and if he takes 9 wickets this tour he jumps to 46 in all time wicket takers.

Well why don't we play the top 4 on that list then?
Reckon that's one area in the past decade and a bit where Aussies have got it wrong - not making the call on aging/fading greats early enough

In reality he was the obvious choice. Has success as captain at state level. Honestly I think tactically he's the smartest player in the test set up.

Not much they can do about Smith's injury.

But yeah it's pointless.

I'd make Head captain honestly.
In reality he was the obvious choice. Has success as captain at state level. Honestly I think tactically he's the smartest player in the test set up.
Head took his batting to another level when made state captain, and his tactical feel for the game is very strong.

I agree Wade makes sense now but give Head another season and he should be captaining the T20 or ODI national teams if this sort of scenario presents.

Head took his batting to another level when made state captain, and his tactical feel for the game is very strong.

I agree Wade makes sense now but give Head another season and he should be captaining the T20 or ODI national teams if this sort of scenario presents.
I dunno about his tactical feel for the game. He has made some serious * ups in his time as SA captain so far.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hank get chosen in these scenarios either honestly. Our first XI would be:

Finch
S Marsh
Head
Handscomb
Maxwell
Stoinis
Wade (c, +)
Starc
Zampa
Cummins
Hazlewood

Faulkner, Heazlett, Stanlake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England just lost 8/8 in the last 3 overs :eek:

India v England is like Hawthorn v Carlton for me.

I'd be perfectly happy if they tied every game against each other.
Couldn't have said it better.

oh hey it looks like they might actually have Marsh come in for Usman for the first test
Made a ton. He's in.

Do not agree with dropping Usman.
Horses for courses. Why play him when he has such a poor record in the subcontinent?

Because he's one of the more in-form bats. I'm not convinced that stacking the side with spinners will work.
Neither am I but he was in excellent form last summer too and looked what happened in Sri Lanka.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back