Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, you know in horror films where some idiot on the run from a killer runs upstairs and you yell at the screen because we all know how that always ends?

We finally got around to Uncut Gems and I feel like I just watched Adam Sandler run up stairs for two hours.

Last edited:

If anyone has Amazon Prime check out Incident in a Ghostland. Brilliant.

Tenet was way better than I expected due to others opinions of it. I ******* loved it.

No spoilers as I haven't seen Tenet, but is it better than Dunkirk? I was quite disappointed by that. One of Nolan's weakest films IMO.
It’s very different. Tenet is more of the mind* stuff you get with Nolan.

It’s very different. Tenet is more of the mindfu** stuff you get with Nolan.

Looking forward to seeing this. Loved Inception, so if it's anything like that I know I'll enjoy it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing this. Loved Inception, so if it's anything like that I know I'll enjoy it.
I seem to be alone in my views with this film. I loved it, almost everyone else i know thought it was average LOL!

Although one criticism that's fair: some of the scenes are really hard to hear. And at times when you really need to be listening.

The wife and I were wondering whether to give it a go, although she doesn't like movies with dark settings. Have you seen it yet?
The Lighthouse is brilliant in a kind of marine-gothic way. Some of the images and themes re: isolation, insanity, ambition and power are interesting and recall past stories. Think Moby Dick or 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea. The seagull scenes are awesome.

Not yet. Wifey is reluctant. She seemed more interested in the director's previous film, The Witch. Me not so much.

Watch both. Robert Eggers is a class above.

I seem to be alone in my views with this film. I loved it, almost everyone else i know thought it was average LOL!

Although one criticism that's fair: some of the scenes are really hard to hear. And at times when you really need to be listening.
Yeah the start is crazy exposition that you can hardly hear

Thought it was alright though. Not as good as Dunkirk but I ******* love Dunkirk.

Watched it last night. Really enjoyed it. Willem Dafoe has to be one of the most underrated actors of the modern era. Even the twilight guy was pretty good. +1 for the seagulls too.

We watched it as well. I liked it, and agree 100% about Dafoe. The wife didn't like it though, she thought it was too dark and disturbing.

Haven't watched a movie in ages, decided to give two a go;

American Psycho (2000) - Wasn't a huge fan. Thought Bale gave a great performance but the narrative was a bit too messy/confusing. Was hard to tell in the end what actually did happen and what didn't. Films do like to leave things open to interpretation but this was not a good example of it, although it generally had a thought provoking message.

King of Staten Island (2020) - Loved it. Might be hit or miss for a lot of people but I am a huge Pete Davidson fan. I enjoy his stand up and I have watched SNL my entire life. The film is a homage to his father who was a firefighter that lost his life on 9/11. It was quite funny and also quite serious at times. Bill Burr was was brilliant. Action Bronson made an appearance which was hilarious. My only issue was it probably ran 20 minutes too long, but other than that, great film.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back