Food & Drink The Hangar Food Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Beery...

0134117_Honey-Musard-Glazed-Ribs_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960.jpeg

Honey and maple glazed pork ribs.

200.gif

Wouldn't mind that rib recipe, Jade.

That actually wasn't my photo the first one.

These were mine:

ribs1.jpg

ribs2.jpg

Bourbon and Maple Glazed Ribs

Ingredients:

1 400g can chopped tomatoes
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
1/3 cup bourbon
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup (and I mean maple syrup, not the imitation crap)
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic crushed
1.5kgs ribs

Simple as all hell.

Combine all ingredients to make a marinade, cover your ribs with that sticky goodness. Save about a half cup of the marinade (just stick it in the fridge).

Marinate those bad boys overnight, and make sure you pull them out of the fridge about an hour before you want to cook them.

Pre-heat oven to 160c, place the ribs on a baking tray and make sure you keep the marinade (don't discard it, you want them to bake in that stuff).

Cover with foil and bake for an hour.

Now you have one of two choices here. Either take the foil off, turn them and cover with the marinade you reserved earlier and bake for a further fifteen minutes OR (and this is my preference), take them out of the oven, put them over a barbecue grill and flame grill them for 6-7 mins each side whilst basting with the reserved marinade. You want them to char up a little (and they will with all that sugar).

Take them off the BBQ, cover with foil and let them rest for ten minutes.

Then stick them on a plate with a knife (but you won't need it, they fall apart), and serve to people like Doss and scezza .....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a crack at a Jamie 15 min meal; sticky chicken with a watermelon, noodle and radish salad. Really good even with 2 brain farts; I forgot the lettuce and when I made the sauce I forgot to scale it down to 1 serve, so it was really over sauced.

9fb9ee3afa3235548cb93038aa9d5550.jpg

Have made the base for olive oil and basil ice cream for an outing tomorrow. Will freeze it tonight. Have made it without basil before and it's amazing, hope the addition will be a positive adjustment

Went to a pub for lunch on Saturday and had a jerk chicken salad. My goodness, it was awesome.

I don't think it was a traditional jerk as it wasn't a "blow your head off" heat, it was probably closer to medium, but the jerk chicken was paired with rocket (usually don't like, it worked here), char grilled sweet corn (kernals stripped off the cob), black beans, char grilled red and yellow capsicum strips, coriander and a habanero and yoghurt based dressing (again a medium heat).

The only way I could've left a cleaner plate would've been to pick it up and lick it.

Went to a pub for lunch on Saturday and had a jerk chicken salad. My goodness, it was awesome.

I don't think it was a traditional jerk as it wasn't a "blow your head off" heat, it was probably closer to medium, but the jerk chicken was paired with rocket (usually don't like, it worked here), char grilled sweet corn (kernals stripped off the cob), black beans, char grilled red and yellow capsicum strips, coriander and a habanero and yoghurt based dressing (again a medium heat).

The only way I could've left a cleaner plate would've been to pick it up and lick it.

Proper jerk chicken is so friggin good. Have never attempted to cook it myself but was actually planning on giving it a go in the next week or so.

That menu sounds sensational, though I don't do coriander. I would have had a couple wedges of lime to squeeze over the chicken too, adds that nice kick and helps bite through the heat (though by the sounds yours wasn't too packed).

Coriander divides the masses. Have heard it is genetic, that it tastes disgusting to those without the coriander gene.

I persisted it with it for YEARS because I love my tex-mex cooking.

But the s**t is just vile, I gave it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back