Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not into the whole recorded inside a tin can aesthetic :p? I'm not super into it either, but there's also something pretty gross to the other end of the spectrum of really crisp, over produced metal that can give it a really generic and bland feeling. http://www.nitwitty.net/reboot/lo-fi-production-black-metal/ That might be a good read for you.
Nah I'm not. I don't think there's any point having a bass player if he can't be heard at all. I hated the production on and justice for all for example. I get what you're saying about the other end of the spectrum and I totally agree. Those kind of recordings that have that generic and bland feeling can also lack menace or danger for the same reasons. I think the middle ground is more where it's at so you can retain some of the grit and the danger and menace. It feels to me like these recordings are trying to be so extreme lo fi to try and cover for the fact that there actually isn't a lot of substance there musically and the lyrics and the concepts and the fashion/lifestyle for want of a better word is far more important than the actual music.. I guess I just described some kind of extreme punk ethos?

I did read the link too btw. That kind of gels with the impression I get but is perhaps a bit more generous than I'd be. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. Saw Metallica on the black tour and I'm sure their setlists have only become worse. Def never been a slipknot fan. I stopped actively listening to metal way before they were around.

You?
Yep. I'm not a huge fan of Metallica (don't own any of their CD's) but was blown away by them at Soundwave the last time they were out so am keen for another look.
1552379259577.png

Yep. I'm not a huge fan of Metallica (don't own any of their CD's) but was blown away by them at Soundwave the last time they were out so am keen for another look.
View attachment 633842
I only know 12 of those songs. I've always been spewing I got into them between justice and black. I could've gone to the justice tour gig otherwise. You can imagine my disappointment when black came out after having digested their back catalogue to that point.

I only know 12 of those songs. I've always been spewing I got into them between justice and black. I could've gone to the justice tour gig otherwise. You can imagine my disappointment when black came out after having digested their back catalogue to that point.
Load was much, much worse.

I look more fondly on Load as I've gotten older, it just has too many ******* songs. I havn't listened to it in a long time but Until it sleeps, king nothing, hero of the day, bleeding me and the outlaw torn are all pretty legit songs imo.
Bleeding Me is my favourite Metallica song followed closely by Outlaw Torn, S&M versions more specifically. The amount of times I watched that with my old man back in the day it’s any wonder.

I'd love to go to Metallica but forking out $260 for tickets is something I can't justify. There are cheaper tickets but mates got those, GA standing on the stage half of the ground.

I've seen them 5 times already and Slipknot two (maybe 3) times so I'm not missing out i that aspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back