Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the doco We Are Twisted ******* Sister! last night. I'll admit all I knew about the band was their 2 hits/videos and Dee Snider's testimony at the senate in defence of heavy metal but I found it really interesting. Had no idea they'd been around since the early 70's and how much they (were forced) to achieve off their own backs. It's pretty long at almost 3 hours but it's worth a look if anyone has even the slightest interest in these types of tales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simply overrated. Songs like Leave Me Alone are just awesome.

Can't argue RE Leave Me Alone, but Thriller is still fairly robust. I mean, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' would be enough to make it great on its own. Although it does have the worst of the three McCartney/Jackson songs on it, admittedly

I'm also surprised to find that I like Dangerous. Certainly wasn't the case a decade ago, even with the Black and White video being an absolute staple of my childhood.

invincible is still poo tho

Last edited:
Can't argue RE Leave Me Alone, but Thriller is still fairly robust. I mean, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' would be enough to make it great on its own. Although it does have the worst of the three McCartney/Jackson songs on it, admittedly

I'm also surprised to find that I like Dangerous. Certainly wasn't the case a decade ago, even with the Black and White video being an absolute staple of my childhood.

invincible is still poo tho

I hope "Don't stop till you get enough" made the cut.

If you guys like them, then you'll like Thee Oh Sees. Easily my fav band over the past 4 years. They aren't prog though, more psych/punk. The lead guitarist who writes everything is just a machine.

Two recent ones. But if you want to get into them and do a bit of a backtrack, start with an album called Help.

So I just listened to these. Great. Love it.

Damn, blast from the past! Remember listening to Help, Warm Slime, Castlemania, & Dog Poison quite a bit. Stopped following them after that really subpar album Putrifiers II, eek. Loved the split they did with Total Control as well.

Speaking of Total Control, this song still rules so hard.

Damn, blast from the past! Remember listening to Help, Warm Slime, Castlemania, & Dog Poison quite a bit. Stopped following them after that really subpar album Putrifiers II, eek. Loved the split they did with Total Control as well.

Speaking of Total Control, this song still rules so hard.

That whole album is great. I actually like putrifiers II, but you have to like their really lo fi stuff/slower stuff

Any Queens of the Stone Age fans on here? Been slowly working through their discog over the past few months. Genuinely surprised that Dave Grohl wasn't the drummer on their 2005 album Lullabies. I was convinced it was him, triplets and all, but apparently not. They must have told the new drummer to play just like Dave!

Interestingly, Dave didn't do all the drumming on songs for the deaf. Some were that Alain guy, their session drummer. On the recording anyway. They're doing sideshows from splendour!

Heading out to see Madness tonight. Should be interesting. I've always been a fan of their hits without being a big fan of the band per se. Probably wouldn't have gone if wifey hadn't insisted and it was just down the road. I've heard Suggs does a one man speaking show type of thing which I would be much more interested in attending. I reckon he'd have some interesting stories to tell.

Any Queens of the Stone Age fans on here? Been slowly working through their discog over the past few months. Genuinely surprised that Dave Grohl wasn't the drummer on their 2005 album Lullabies. I was convinced it was him, triplets and all, but apparently not. They must have told the new drummer to play just like Dave!

2017 Tour has been announced and tickets on sale now. New album due soon. Songs for the Deaf is pure Dave Grohl getting out Foo Fighter frustrations.
They completely ad libbed the last minute and left it on the record. It's just a kick arse song and that album remains my favourite of them all. Mark Lanegan is king. Should listen to Screaming Trees album Sweet Oblivion. It's ******* awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back