Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What pleases me: the solo at the end of Comfortably Numb. Haven't listened to it in years. The first half is still Roger Waters drinking his own bathwater though.

Interesting, love this track, but prefer the first half to the second half.
The guitar solo is nice, but a bit long.

This week I've been giving "Goodbye blue sky" a good belting, one of my favourites from The Wall.

Just watching a Black Sabbath dvd. I'm having one of those moments where I wish I was born 25 years earlier so I could've seen them at the peak of their powers circa 1971.

Their music translates to the stage better than any metal act other than Maiden I reckon, it's simple raw power. Geezer Butler is a beast on the bass!

There's a fair few David Gilmour solos that are just a delight to listen to. I really love his solo on high hopes using the lap steel guitar.

Mentioned way back on this thread but his work on Supertramp's "Brother Where You Bound" is a thing

And him showing up on "No More Lonely Nights" of all things is super weird

Beerfish

https://we.tl/0JonxB4lAu

Two compilations: Psych one and a crazy asian chicks garage rock one
Are these yours from vinyl or you found them? Have been listening to them in the car. That Dead Man song is pretty epic.. 17 minutes. Poor bass player only has to remember one riff really too. Could probably have afforded to be tripping off his nut. They actually sound a little like a softer version of a band called Yesterday's Children who only put out one album before disappearing in the 60's.

The crazy azn chicks stuff might be a bridge too far. I mean, I'm not that much of a fan of the english version of Yummy Yummy Yummy..

Thanks though. Keep em coming if you feel like it!

Are these yours from vinyl or you found them? Have been listening to them in the car. That Dead Man song is pretty epic.. 17 minutes. Poor bass player only has to remember one riff really too. Could probably have afforded to be tripping off his nut. They actually sound a little like a softer version of a band called Yesterday's Children who only put out one album before disappearing in the 60's.

The crazy azn chicks stuff might be a bridge too far. I mean, I'm not that much of a fan of the english version of Yummy Yummy Yummy..

Thanks though. Keep em coming if you feel like it!

yeah vinyl rips

I uploaded the asian girls one for someone else who wanted it so i thought i'd post it here anyway, some of it is quite good. I dunno, something about asian girls with crazy high pitched voices and kinda just phonetically sining along, not really knowing what they're saying does it for me. Plus the recording techniques at that time sound great.

Glad you're enjoying it! I'll get around to putting the second volume of that psych comp up. It's much better imo.

HOw's the volume of it? Could I record it louder?

I uploaded the asian girls one for someone else who wanted it so i thought i'd post it here anyway, some of it is quite good. I dunno, something about asian girls with crazy high pitched voices and kinda just phonetically sining along, not really knowing what they're saying does it for me. Plus the recording techniques at that time sound great.
I just did a quick listen to the first 10 seconds or so of the asian girls. Noticed quite a few covers of 60's bubblegum pop. I'll still try to give it a once through listen. I think I heard a couple which might be keepers.

Yep. :)

The whole album that track is from is great:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really is bizarre. Just changes gear without warning from McCartney pop song to Pink Floydy style guitar solo outro thing.

It's consistent with the strangeness of the album/soundtrack overall, some of which entails covers of songs that were 2-3 years old (in the case of "So Bad", indistinguishable from the Pipes of Peace version as far as I can recall).

The "Silly Love Songs" rendition augmented by a good percentage of Toto is amusing though and a good case study for why 80s pop music sounds so much worse than 70s pop music.

yeah vinyl rips

Glad you're enjoying it! I'll get around to putting the second volume of that psych comp up. It's much better imo.

Hey do you clean your vinyl before recording them?

Hey do you clean your vinyl before recording them?

Nah cbf. When I buy them they've been cleaned so any noise is a tiny amount of dust or scratches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back