Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The newest season of South Park has been awesome. South Park is one of the rare animated shows that's gotten better with age
Bloody oath.

I'm about to watch episode 6.

How about the sex scene with Gerald and Sheila last week?

The season. I keep forgetting to record it.. wait it's on tonight isn't it?
I've been watching it online, it's similar to last season where it is continuos in the story.
Bloody oath.

I'm about to watch episode 6.

How about the sex scene with Gerald and Sheila last week?
yeah just seen it it's bloody great, that scene was bloody hilarious.

Walking Dead: as a (disgruntled after S6 finale) comic reader, they pretty much pulled it out of the fire. Much better than I expected/feared it would be.
With all the hatchet stuff, I was half-expecting a very belated hand-amputation for Rick...

Also finally got around to watching Stranger Things and loved it. Lots of heart.

Twas brutal. Be interesting to see where they go from here (haven't read the comics).
Like I said they've just about caught up so I think the TV show has used just about every story line and character now except the chief guy with the pet tiger (who looks like he's in this season from the shorts anyway).. oh no actually there's one more arc I forgot they haven't used yet.

Watched an episode of SVU last night that had Will Arnett guest starring as a travel agent who organised sex tours for a paedophile ring. Was pretty hard to take seriously. I kept laughing especially when he was getting roughed up by Detective Stabler in the interview room. Would've been a perfect time for

a685c6eed09a97fd2572ab08943f3b1c69791fd6b0bd95c1672e0c5d6ba90153.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched an episode of SVU last night that had Will Arnett guest starring as a travel agent who organised sex tours for a paedophile ring. Was pretty hard to take seriously. I kept laughing especially when he was getting roughed up by Detective Stabler in the interview room. Would've been a perfect time for

a685c6eed09a97fd2572ab08943f3b1c69791fd6b0bd95c1672e0c5d6ba90153.jpg

I'm picturing the interrogation scene now.

iJSe4jn.jpg

I recently watched the first season of Mr Robot.

The second half of it was considerably better; the first 5-6 episodes were painfully bad at times.

The similarities to a certain movie are a bit much, too. I picked the "twist" by the 2nd episode, and found it frustrating to watch knowing that the end game was to have it confirmed for the main character.

Has anyone else here watched it?

I thought S1 was a tremendous season of t.v even if the twist was pretty obvious to pick up early on. Just the way it's shot and the way it builds tension is very engrossing for me
the director has already straight up said that fight club was a big inspiration for it
. I'm surprised you picked that up early tho Kong considering
how late to the party you were on accepting Colin Hanks ghost partner in Dexter wasn't alive

I recently watched the first season of Mr Robot.

The second half of it was considerably better; the first 5-6 episodes were painfully bad at times.

The similarities to a certain movie are a bit much, too. I picked the "twist" by the 2nd episode, and found it frustrating to watch knowing that the end game was to have it confirmed for the main character.

Has anyone else here watched it?
Yeah I've seen it. I wasn't a huge fan (i think I'm in the vast minority).

Yeah I found the story decent enough, even if it borrowed heavily from
Fight Club
from character motivation to the "twist".

There were 2 or 3 episodes that I enjoyed when the direction was decent, but I found the majority of episodes to have really poor direction.

The score often didn't match the tone of the scene, the acting was really poor from Christian Slater, the voice overs were unimaginative and dull, the transition from scenes were poorly done and overall I found the construction of narratives in particular episodes to be really jarring.

It looked like something a Uni grad student had put together (admittedly on a decent budget).

The main guy is a decent actor, though.

Yeah I found the story decent enough, even if it borrowed heavily from
Fight Club
from character motivation to the "twist".

There were 2 or 3 episodes that I enjoyed when the direction was decent, but I found the majority of episodes to have really poor direction.

The score often didn't match the tone of the scene, the acting was really poor from Christian Slater, the voice overs were unimaginative and dull, the transition from scenes were poorly done and overall I found the construction of narratives in particular episodes to be really jarring.

It looked like something a Uni grad student had put together (admittedly on a decent budget).

The main guy is a decent actor, though.
Is Slater ever good in anything? I also seem to recall not being a fan of the music but overall I enjoyed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back