Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been smashing through Buffy the Vampire Slayer recently (just finished season 5).

Dawn is my favourite character. Will be interesting to see how they use her in the last two seasons.
Faith is also a favourite, living on the edge as she does gave the show another dimension. Plus she's a total badass.
Spike is my favourite love interest so far (not that there are many).

I have to admit I hate the use of bullshit powerups (like in this last series, that final battle? Really?

Been smashing through Buffy the Vampire Slayer recently (just finished season 5).

Dawn is my favourite character. Will be interesting to see how they use her in the last two seasons.
Faith is also a favourite, living on the edge as she does gave the show another dimension. Plus she's a total badass.
Spike is my favourite love interest so far (not that there are many).

I have to admit I hate the use of bullshit powerups (like in this last series, that final battle? Really?
Angel spin off is better.

Angel spin off is better.
I hated Angel as a character in Buffy, but will probably watch it after I finish Buffy.

Angelus was way cooler than Angel, but I'm a sucker for a good bad guy

Not a fan of what has been put out recently from a film point of view but Mando has been great, Looking forward to Obi wan and Acolyte sounds very cool.

Not a fan of Rogue One?

To be honest the last two main films had basically erased that from my memory.
I did like Rogue One.

I think though the stories in a star wars universe work very well in Tv Series format.
Acolyte being a mystery thriller focusing on the dark side rise in the high republic era could be very fun.

Piss Kathleen Kennedy off, give creative control to Jon Favreau and I’m on board.

They are using a few of the Marvel writers/directors and are trying the lets set stories in the universe style that Marvel uses but tinker with the types of film/story it is like what Marvel did with its films.

It took a long time for change to occur for Feige to get the control he needed within Disney for Marvel to become what it did, it might take awhile for Kathleen to either have her role reduced to one that she is capable of doing or be removed entirely.
But they have had an entire year to plan this out and they seem to be hitting a few stories with good directors that people were after. The obi wan series is one people have been asking for for years. We also have out first taste of a different time with Acolyte based in the distant past with the High republic.

Getting away from the known period we have had may be the "clean slate" the brand needs in the general public's eyes (I understand Legends fans have already been to some of these time periods in their stories).

There is also the chance the entire brand is moving in a way that just doesn't appeal to some of us, but with Mandalorian being quite good I have hope that they will still tell stories I like. (I realise that is a selfish way of saying it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recently watched The Queen's Gambit. Worthwhile if you haven't seen it already.
Seen it, definitely agree. One of the better things I’ve watched this year imo.

Finished Tiny Pretty Things the other day, that one is pretty dark but thought it was good, and they’ve left it open for a second series with a couple of sharp turns in the final ep. It also has a Jack the Ripper theme going through it (Yorkshire Ripper was a rip-off of JtR).

Rebecca is pretty dark too actually. All in a similar sort of vein I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back