The league switcheroo, the silly season begins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
Well, first off these are the rumours that I have heard so far, and a few of these have already been confirmed.

1. Tongala (Goulburn Valley FL) being courted by both the Bendigo & Heathcote League.

YES, Tonny have been courted by both of these leagues, but it's unlikely that they will move in the forseeable future (but with Tongala only having 1,000 people competing against much larger towns with more money & resources, i'm sure that they will be thinking about the future), and even if they wnated to move, the Kyabram District League would be the place where they'll go.

2. Broadford, Kilmore, & Avenel being courted by the Central Goulburn Football League.

MAYBE, There has been talks about this, from sources within the league, because of Rumbalara, Shepparton East & Benalla All Blacks all making thier intentions clear in wanting to leave, but it seems unlikely that they would want to move at this late stage (especially since that all three of these teams seem settled in thier perspective leagues).

3. Rumbalara wanting to move into the GVFL.

YES, this annual event as gone on for another round, and this time, they seem to have the Shepparton News on-side, but the rest of the clubs could take a little more convincing, but it looks like the State Government could step in and force the GVFL to accept Rumbalara, which could get very ugly.

4. Shepparton East's potential move to the KDFL.

YES,and i've already mentioned that, but it looks likely that thier application will be rejected, which is quite disappointing.

5. Benalla All Blacks have made another application to join the Ovens & King F.L, but a final decision is still months away, because of Glenrowan & Rutherglen wanting to join the Tallangatta League.

6. Dookie United's move to the Benalla District League, Dookie's just sitting back, waiting to see what happens over the summer to see where they're playing next year, but the BDFL would be super-keen for them to come back to the league.

If anyone wants to add to this list please tell me now, because i'm just about stuffed.

Hamilton Imperials are going to the membership re wether to stay in Western Border Leauge or make a long saught for move to the Hampden Leauge.

In SA:
Ramco looking to switch from the five team Mid-Murray competition to the Riverland Football League's Independent comp.
Struggling to field a seconds side, hence considering the move to Independents which only have an A grade and a colts side.

The Southern Footy League in Melbourne

Parkdale has left to join the VAFA in the Mentone-Parkdale merger, but will be replaced by Holland Park (a new club based where the Hammerheads used to play apparently) and Cerberus from the West Gippsland-Latrobe League after one season there I believe. Possibly one or two other teams to come.

Cerberus hey.

From all reports, a great away trip - as it's on defence force territory the bar after the game isn't allowed to run at a profit.

= dollar pots.

A mate of mine who played with poeple down that way says they're a great bunch of blokes (as the scorelines suggest a large contingent are ex-Qld or NSW navy boys) and generally fairly good humoured about being the new club in town...

Originally posted by footyman
The Southern Footy League in Melbourne

Parkdale has left to join the VAFA in the Mentone-Parkdale merger, but will be replaced by Holland Park (a new club based where the Hammerheads used to play apparently) and Cerberus from the West Gippsland-Latrobe League after one season there I believe. Possibly one or two other teams to come.

Holland Park was the place where the Hammerheads played there home games. I guess the new club named itself after where they will be playing there home games. Only problem is that clubs that have played at the ground Holland Park or near that ground have folded. I am talking about The Hammerheads, Flemington, North Kent and so on. Holland Park will be around for 1-2 year and that about it.

Hey! She was more than that - she was a statesman and served time in the Italian parliament!

Cicollina Cicollina for Italia Italia!!!!!

Triple J listeners from the early 90s may remember that song.

Yeah, Pop Will Eat Itself-Touched by the hand of Cicollina, used to get on Rage a bit too. Anyone Know whwere Justin is off to or is he looking for offers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PWEI coooolllll!!!
Didn't realise it was them. Loved em - along with those other electro punky sort of outfits of the time - Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine and even Jesus Jones. What a time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back