The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll slot right in.
You asked for this.

Red Card No GIF by Bouygues Telecom

Yeah he inherited a good team, but the team has also got worse defensively.

That's because it's been a make-shift back four for a lot of the season due to injuries and no constant DM has hurt us.

No Mitoma or March and Adingra missing at times too means we've had next to no width for a lot of the season which is what RDZ needs for his system to flourish.

If this eventuates it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

I wouldn't read too much into his disastrous spell at United. He inherited an absolute dumpster fire and it felt like the players never gave him a chance because they knew he was only sticking around for a few months anyway.

The word fraud gets bandied around a lot in football mostly as a joke but Rangnick is the epitome of the word.

The word fraud gets bandied around a lot in football mostly as a joke but Rangnick is the epitome of the word.

Hence why I'm interested to see how he would manage at a more stable club with more professional players at his disposal.

I'm curious as to how much of that failure was due to United just being a shambles and him not having any authority to make lasting changes in an interim capacity....or whether he's just a fraud.

Rangnick is possibly one of those coaches who is credited with being influential without winning trophies. Like Bielsa. It doesn't make them frauds. But his career performance is actually quite good.

He had two spells as manager of RB Leipzig. The first got them promoted into the Bundesliga. The second got them into a Champions League place.

United were 8th when he took over. They went on a good run and at one stage he got them into 4th place. The wheels fell off towards the end of the season and they finished 6th. He never had time to implement a change in tactics or personnel. Good luck trying to get Ronaldo to enforce a Gegenpress! I don't think United brought anyone in during the 2022 January window.

Austria comfortably qualified for the Euros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back