Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League men round 10 and we say goodbye to 2023 with the classic Original rivalry between Melbourne Victory V Adelaide United sure to be another firary encounter. Other big matches an important match on Friday night with Sydney FC hosting Wellington Phoenix can the Nix keep up their good form into the new year? We close out the year with the traditional New Years eve match in Gosford with the Mariners against the Glory and we bring in the New Year with a western Sydney Derby between Western Sydney Wanderers V Macarthur FC on New Years day.

A-League Men Round 10

Thursday 28th December
Melbourne City V Brisbane Roar 7:45pm ESDT 6:45pm EST, AAMI Park

Friday 29th December
Sydney F.C V Wellington Phoenix 7:45pm ESDT, 9:45pm NZLT, Allianz Stadium

Saturday 30th December
Newcastle Jets V Western United 5:30pm ESDT, McDonald Jones Stadium
Melbourne Victory V Adelaide United 7:45pm ESDT, 7:15pm CSDT, AAMI Park (Live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Sunday 31st December
Central Coast Mariners V Perth Glory 7:00pm ESDT, 4:00pm WST, Industree Group Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Monday 1st January
Western Sydney Wanderers V Macarthur F.C 5:00pm ESDT, CommBank Stadium

Predictions: City 2-1 Nix 3-1 Jets 2-0 Vic 2-1 CCM V Perth 1-1 WSW 2-0

Enjoy the football this week and Happy New Year to everyone on the board, Make it a good one.

At this stage, no childish meltdowns from me, but this is City and our backline has been utter dog Doo this season.

Be nice if we could actually flog a team like 5 zip again. I miss those stress free games :)

Aren't you currently up 2-0?

The ironic thing (and most alarming for Brisbane) is i don't think in midfield and general play we played all that well, I honestly thought we were better in that department to Wellington away a few weeks ago (which was a loss)

Still who am I to complain about a 6-1 lead though? Lovely end of year/Christmas gift to us Melbourne fans :)

Roar probably want to start thinking about lining up a suitably qualified replacement coach asap, not to take away anything from City's strong & methodical performance tonight.

Roar probably want to start thinking about lining up a suitably qualified replacement coach asap, not to take away anything from City's strong & methodical performance tonight.

Can't help but think Ross Aloisi did bit of a dog act on them, leaving when he did in those circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That finishing from the City boys has been coming all year, been a number of games where we've created good chances and don't finish.

Leo Natel starting to find the net should hopefully open the floodgates for him. He's quality and can be a great import.

roar looked to have no system at all in the midfield which makes sense swapping coach but the left back and right back looked dreadful .
really liked slim shady on the wing for city.he worked hard to get back in defence and offered a lot marin jakolis,

Hey guys, as someone who knows very little about the A-League, can someone explain to me why 10th placed Sydney are $1.75 favourites to win against top of the table Wellington today?
I mean, sure they're at home, but these odds seem really weird considering where both teams are placed at the moment?

Screenshot_20231229_012217_Chrome.jpg

Hey guys, as someone who knows very little about the A-League, can someone explain to me why 10th placed Sydney are $1.75 favourites to win against top of the table Wellington today?
I mean, sure they're at home, but these odds seem really weird considering where both teams are placed at the moment?

View attachment 1879162

It's almost like odds don't have any bearing on a sporting contest.

Again, there's a whole punting board for this s**t.

It's almost like odds don't have any bearing on a sporting contest.

Again, there's a whole punting board for this s**t.

I wouldn't say they have no bearing, or else bookies would be out of business pretty quickly.

View attachment 1879162
Probably taking into account international travel for the Nix, the fact that the Nix's old coach is coaching Sydney now (and given them a form boost) and Wellington haven't scored more than 2 goals in an away game 😂

Long story short? Never bet on the A-League, because who the hell knows what will happen here 😛

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back