The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the socceroos game last night. Can I just say when the Victory fans booed Macca and Behich coming on it triggered me so hard.

They once again created a pretty bad atmosphere, spent a half hour fighting with security until the cops arrived. Chanting boring aleague chants like "* the apl" and "* off Sydney fc" half the night. Have these guys heard the chants in Europe?! It's not just "* the other team lol" for 90 minutes straight.

I'm going to the Derby in December but if I have another bad experience with them I'm at the point of boycotting Victory games.

They can take their so called "great atmosphere" and shove it up their arse. They are holding the game back in this country.

Edit: I know it's not all victory fans. But their active support is an actual problem.

Went to the socceroos game last night. Can I just say when the Victory fans booed Macca and Behich coming on it triggered me so hard.

They once again created a pretty bad atmosphere, spent a half hour fighting with security until the cops arrived. Chanting boring aleague chants like "* the apl" and "* off Sydney fc" half the night. Have these guys heard the chants in Europe?! It's not just "* the other team lol" for 90 minutes straight.

I'm going to the Derby in December but if I have another bad experience with them I'm at the point of boycotting Victory games.

They can take their so called "great atmosphere" and shove it up their arse. They are holding the game back in this country.

Edit: I know it's not all victory fans. But their active support is an actual problem.
They're not fans they're buffoons. Just cooked morons who cry that they're the victim. The only downside to walking back the GF decision is that they think their actions and behavior is the reason it happened (not the pathetic commercial returns)

Jeez we really just have nothing up front do we.

Maclaren needs to never take a penalty again.

Another loss, season officially slipping away. The performances are better, but there is no spark. Can't score a goal to save our lives.

A solid (not groundbreaking) win against somewhat bog ordinary opposition.

Important we got our away game winless duck off our backs and this kick starts our A League campaign
We've been pretty unlucky the last few games with results. We're not world beaters but we're conceding crap goals and missing some gilt edge chances, reverse that and we'll be fine

Yep although the wins haven't been coming I've been feeling the team has been starting to gel a bit more.

Just some big mistakes that have let us down. Hope we do lean to the youth a little bit more as the season progresses.

Back to back away wins and our season is back on track. .
Not happy with Maclaren's game or performance tonight, really lazy and complacent.

A win is a win thought and we are rising up the table.
Hope you didn't watch the game last night then.

That first half had to have been the most lacklustre performance I've seen in all my time watching Australian football. Came out better in the second half. But just stopped after scoring the goal and decided to defend the lead.

And we are out of the comp because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are starting to meld together nicely.
Problem, nice one to have, is fitting in Lekkie and Nabbout, and the possibility of adding Tilio??
And how do we keep Leo Natal?
Hadn't heard about Tilio coming back... On loan I assume.

Nabbout is out the season and Leckie I think will be another month.

Leo is a real find, the more games he gets the better he'll be.

Nabbout is out the season and Leckie I think will be another month.

Leo is a real find, the more games he gets the better he'll be.

What's Nabbout contract situation? I am inclined to move him on at the end of the season

Tilio's manager has recently reached out to us and also Sydney about a return to the A-League. Since Ange moved on from Celtic, think he's been left on the sidelines.

Nabbout is "training the house down" from those who attend training. Out for all of 23, but 24?......
Tilio wants MC or Sydney
Achilles are usually 9-12 months and he did it in September. Leo is an injury replacement loan signing so even if he recovers late in the season I wouldn't imagine him playing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back