Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
We have a tv thread, a movies thread so here is the music thread.....

What's the last couple of albums you bought? (do you still buy albums?)

What are you listening to at the moment?

Who was the last band/artist you saw live?

Robbie Wiliams The Heavy Entertainment show (for the Mrs. But its actually not a bad album)

LRB The Definitive Collection

Black Ice (AC/DC)

AC/DC Rock or Bust.

Was supposed to be Guns and Roses Not in this lifetime but outside events stopped it. Grrrr.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

But a lot of albums but all digital now.
Last couple were Chris Stapleton's "From a Room Volume 1" not as good as "Traveller" but good enough and Macklemore's "This unruly mess I've made" which is on a frequent repeat still.

A 40s/50s mix on Spotify inspired by the soundtrack to Fallout 4

Adele, and the Boss a month or so earlier

My tastes are rather eclectic :)

Do Spotify these days...but physical...
Anathema - The Optimist (pre-order)
Opeth - The Sorceress

A lot of Anathema back catelogue!

Opeth @ SOH
Or Steven Wilson @ The Metro (can't remember which was last)

My tastes range from Lior Attar, through Birds of Tokyo, to extreme metal.

What's the last couple of albums you bought? (do you still buy albums

Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix volumes 1 and 2

Aforementioned GotG soundtracks in the car, but I got a Muse album for Mother's Day so I've been listening to them as well (i'm updating my playlist)

The Mountain Goats, which was mine and Master Noodle's Christmas present to Ichabod Noodle. He can tell you about them.

If the rumors are true I'll be looking forward to The Killers playing the MCG on GF day.

Never heard of them. And more than that. Often I've never heard of a band and someone plays a bit of one or two songs and I go "oh, ok, them, fair enough" but I've just gone through YouTube playing video after video (all with more than 50 million views) and didn't recognise a single song.

I know I'm getting old, and I've never listened to top 40, but I feel my lack of even a basic awareness of this band might be vaguely embarrassing.

Never heard of them. And more than that. Often I've never heard of a band and someone plays a bit of one or two songs and I go "oh, ok, them, fair enough" but I've just gone through YouTube playing video after video (all with more than 50 million views) and didn't recognise a single song.

I know I'm getting old, and I've never listened to top 40, but I feel my lack of even a basic awareness of this band might be vaguely embarrassing.
Mr Brightside, Somebody Told Me & All these Things I've Done? All got massive airplay..
I love their chant "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier" from All These Things.

10 years passed their best for mine, that's still 20 years more current than the Meat was

Mr Brightside, Somebody Told Me & All these Things I've Done? All got massive airplay..

10 years passed their best for mine, that's still 20 years more current than the Meat was
When you were young is my fav of theirs.

The Meatloaf thing was embarassing but unique I think. He had an incredible vocal range and the strongest voice I think I've ever heard.The Bat out hell Album had a studio and a live version of the title track, and the amazing thing is how similar they are in a very complex and demanding song.
I saw him live at the SCG in 1978 and it was an incredible performance. He was gross groping a woman on stage in a way that I dont think a fat bloke should though.
The problem is when you take away that voice he's got absolutely nothing, and he'd lost it. A lot of old bands van still cobble together decent instrumentals and change things around to put less pressure on the vocalist, or use backing vocals more, but he really cant in my view anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got Paul Kelly's Life Is Easy for Father's Day - an excellent album from Australia's bard (although, ironically, the stand-out track is actually sung by Vika Bull), it's solid throughout with a couple of absolute gems. I see it being on fairly high rotation in the near future.

I'm also continuing to fill in my Tragically Hip back catalogue with 1994's Night For Day and still wondering how the hell I didn't get into this band years ago.

AC/DC releasing a new album

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back