The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Making out” means kissing in Australia.

“Getting off” can have certain meanings. If your worst enemy falls down a flight of stairs you can say “I got off on it”. You can say the same thing if you see an attractive person walking down the street. It has the same meaning for different things. Something that is pleasing to you.

“Making out” means kissing in Australia.

“Getting off” can have certain meanings. If your worst enemy falls down a flight of stairs you can say “I got off on it”. You can say the same thing if you see an attractive person walking down the street. It has the same meaning for different things. Something that is pleasing to you.
Australians use American colloquialisms far more than Brits do, part of the unfortunate Americanisation of your country. Like I said to the Princess when we used to say “I got off with her” it means you just kissed and had a fumble. We never used the “make out” term only ever heard it in films, sorry movies

Australians use American colloquialisms far more than Brits do, part of the unfortunate Americanisation of your country. Like I said to the Princess when we used to say “I got off with her” it means you just kissed and had a fumble. We never used the “make out” term only ever heard it in films, sorry movies
y4jL-oIGD0u0CwAlMzFFTWhGk6m8qg3OdX3-0S2hxhBTRYYWmLwoTq-dkeAfuYhJvVo4uWTlD5j8QoX-vHxJ__Ss64UPJJ8H7IBEchTgoZxm-w-NtRsWrrMLXw=w500-h281

I'm largely concerned about my pop as he's had some health issues the last few years including a bad bout of pneumonia.
Yeah pretty concerning for older family.

I'm largely concerned about my pop as he's had some health issues the last few years including a bad bout of pneumonia.
Yeah, same. Both my grandparents are 94. My pa nearly died two years ago from pneumonia.

Old man has bowel cancer too so that's a huge concern as well.

Yeah, same. Both my grandparents are 94. My pa nearly died two years ago from pneumonia.

Old man has bowel cancer too so that's a huge concern as well.
But you said just before it's not affecting how you go about day to day life.

I'm still living as how I normally would IE going to work etc.

Not sure how that means I cannot be concerned about my family members.

Weird thing to try and pick a fight over.
Not picking a fight but it's pretty clear we should be more careful regarding large gatherings, hygiene, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still living as how I normally would IE going to work etc.

Not sure how that means I cannot be concerned about my family members.

Weird thing to try and pick a fight over.
Don't think he's picking a fight mate just alarming if you're not taking precautions.

Link please if you have it.

I'm stuck at Amman airport in Jordan. My flight to london was due to go through Beirut but Lebanon won't let my missus fly on her pommy passport. They are fine with me flying which odd.

Travel insurance is going to have to pay out for some decent tickets direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back