Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread of the Gold City Royals - Season 33 - "On today's Royal agenda, digging up dirt clots to throw at our school chums

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to all the Top 10 on a fine fine season

To those going

Dead To Me! (until you come back friend)

Congrats nahnah and spookism

And finally to PMBangers who without his stellar inspiring leadership in season 33 - we would have played finals

2 fricking points - can you believe it!

In Season 32 I had the great honour of naming an award after Blacky, a club legend and the clubs highest goal scorer, after he threatened to destroy both my knee caps and steal my beans for the winter. Blacky has registered 357 Goals at the Royals, and aslong as we don't fall for Filths demands to keep him in FF, should hold that for quite some time.

In Season 33, spookism took over the reigns at FF this season, and unsurprisingly is winner of the Blacky Trophy with a brilliant 65 Goals

Please raise a glass in celebration for Spooks!

View attachment 1461743
This is the worst thing ever to happen to me.

After 12 pre-seasons my mum is finally convinced I’m ready for a midfield role. Don’t let her down nahnah y CakeEater - she has many contacts in the Russian mafia.

Round 12 v Bombers
As the repeat fixtures came around, it seemed the Royals had already started thinking about finals and would begin to pay dearly for the complacency. Despite the Bombers missing a few crucial members due to ban hammer commitments, we unfortunately came up 22 points short in our trip to the prison

MrPremiership must have black mailed GC about the PED's in the raisins, taking his ruck role for the game and registering 11 Hitouts, 33 Disposals and a Goal, whilst spookism once again snagged 6 casual ones.

Round 13 v Warriors
The curse continued in Round 13, with the Royals suffering another close loss to the Warriors, giving up a quarter time lead to finish 4 points behind the Warriors, ironically the same amount of Premiership Points they gained from the win.

As is to be expected, there wasn't much to write home about for the Royals players, but nahnah was once again exceptional with 22 Disposals, 8 marks and 2 Goals in a BOG performance, with GreyCrow (21 Disposals, 16 Hitouts and a Goal) and Marlowe (20 Disposals, 7 Tackles and 2 Goals) also aiding the All-SFA winger

Round 14 v Dragons
Much like the last game, the Dragons got revenge for #sirengate all the way back in Round 3, with a #sirengate of their own to walk away with a one point victory at their home, whatever it is called. Interestingly, serial_thrilla confessed to me later on in the season that he hacked into the SFA mainframe to guarantee their win in that matter, make of that what you will

Club Legend and founder Easty managed to register a huge 30 Disposals, 6 Marks and 2 Goals in one of his 2 appearances for the season, with nahnah (29 Disposals, 8 marks and a Goal) all but securing his All-SFA spot, GreyCrow (19 Hitouts, 28 Disposals) and CakeEater (19 Disposals, 8 marks, 3 Goals) all putting in games to remember as well
found my niche at ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back