Games The Punting Thread - Bet responsibly

Remove this Banner Ad

_20161023_215707.JPG

Only a w****r would give a horse a name like that

There are some great names, I remember one called "I'm a Drunk"...needless to say I had had a few by that time and I backed the thing each way...it came 3rd from memory lol

I loved the name Alcohol for a horse lol

There are some great names, I remember one called "I'm a Drunk"...needless to say I had had a few by that time and I backed the thing each way...it came 3rd from memory lol

I loved the name Alcohol for a horse lol

Brew. I tipped it in the Melbourne cup only because Kerrin McEvoy is from my neck of the woods. From memory it paid pretty well

Brew. I tipped it in the Melbourne cup only because Kerrin McEvoy is from my neck of the woods. From memory it paid pretty well

My 2 biggest wins on the Melbourne Cup were Efficient (had a bit on it in early markets at around $50-1) and I had a massive win when Protectionist won.

Brew was a sensational horse, pity we never saw the best of it again, same with Efficient to a degree.

Gonna jump back on Reigning in Paris in Race 6 @ Cranbourne tomorrow

Go each way. Plenty of dangers in that race.

Nothing's really screaming "pick me". Had a little go in the last but I might save my pennies for later

Nothing's really screaming "pick me". Had a little go in the last but I might save my pennies for later

Save it for Friday and Saturday. Mid week races are dart board shots.

I usually have some sort of Quaddie on Wednesday, but mid week racing unless it's at a half decent venue (Wawrick Farm, Geelong, Scone) are usually lotteries.

Noted :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I'm going lotto suits me! :huh:

Just pick a donkey to run a place in the last 3 races, and collect.

I always put a couple of bucks on 3 horses in the last 3 races at $80-1+ to get a place. Get one, I'm up $80. Last week I got 2 our of 3 at Scone.

Almost got the quaddie at Sha Tin yesterday, was just 1 off as I went 1 out in the last and the donkey of a $1.30 favourite decides to lose and come 2nd...that was after having a $25-1, $30-1, and a $9-1 winner in the first 3 legs...

Almost got the quaddie at Sha Tin yesterday, was just 1 off as I went 1 out in the last and the donkey of a $1.30 favourite decides to lose and come 2nd...that was after having a $25-1, $30-1, and a $9-1 winner in the first 3 legs...

Yikes.

Dear SR & LP,
If I ever say I've had a bet on an international race then please have an "Intervention" and ask RW to ban me from this thread.
Sincerely, MM

Dear SR & LP,
If I ever say I've had a bet on an international race then please have an "Intervention" and ask RW to ban me from this thread.
Sincerely, MM

What happens if it's an aussie horse or aussie jockey?

Dear SR & LP,
Sincerely, MM

Sha Tin CAN be good but it is all about jockeys and you have to know what horses are dropping back in distances, but I don't bet much just usually a $5 or $10 quaddie, think I have got the Sha Tin Quaddie once...so needless to say it hasn't been a good venue haha but I love watching the races there.

Melbourne Cup Day is usually brutal from my wallet's point of view!

Hopefully you've still got a few $$$ in it after the last amazing week!
Good luck to all of us on Cup day. I tend not to go mad on it. Makybe Diva's runs were an exception tho - had a few $$$ on her because we claimed her as local on Eyre Peninsula

Hopefully you've still got a few $$$ in it after the last amazing week!
Good luck to all of us on Cup day. I tend not to go mad on it. Makybe Diva's runs were an exception tho - had a few $$$ on her because we claimed her as local on Eyre Peninsula

Oh believe me I'm well and truely up after last week! I got FIVE First 4's in a weekend! That won't happen again, ever!

We all had a few wins though last weekend headlined by Winx who was the best $2 shot I have seen in 20 years!

Have you made your choice in the Cup yet SR?

I know you have LP because I keep an eye on the punting thread. What odds did you get Jameka? I saw it was $13 at one stage

Have you made your choice in the Cup yet SR?

I know you have LP because I keep an eye on the punting thread. What odds did you get Jameka? I saw it was $13 at one stage

Jameka I got at $16, my best result is Almandin though as I have him each way at $50-1 in early betting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back