The Record

Remove this Banner Ad

lemon chicken

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2008
Mordialloc
AFL Club
Essendon
I havent been for a couple of weeks but when i walked in an bought a record today i almost felt like asking for my money back. Gone from around 45 pages to 22 pages this week yet they are still charging the same price? Barely an article even worth reading at half-time :thumbsdown:.

I havent been for a couple of weeks but when i walked in an bought a record today i almost felt like asking for my money back. Gone from around 45 pages to 22 pages this week yet they are still charging the same price? Barely an article even worth reading at half-time :thumbsdown:.

dont think their was TAC cup this week. usually its 50/50

... a long long way away from the good old VFA Recorder!

Hasn't been worth the read since about 1992-1993 in the VFA days and I have never felt compelled to buy one (apart from one or two GF editions for a keepsake) since I read one from an early round of the first "VFL" season ... you are much better downloading the team lists from the VFL website instead - at least the info lasts all year and you can get the results and ladders in the Monday newspaper.

Did anyone else feel gyped by the piece of toilet paper called the record this week, $2 for about 6 pages!!:thumbsdown:

TAC cup or not, the VFL have to put more content in it than that before I buy it again.

I saw the 2010 'effort' on a recent visit to the east coast ... it is the most pathetic effort at a Football Record ever. Twelve pages for $2 is an insult considering the 72+ page efforts for the same price produced by staff at the Mornington Peninsula, Eastern, Amateur and Northern Leagues.

The SANFL and WAFL Budgets absolutely crap over the VFL's fifteen minute 'effort' by staff who obviously have better things to do and haven't got a care in the world about correctly servicing their patrons.

Typical conduct of an organisation which took over and defuncted the VFA to impose their misguided will on football in this state - the only state where Reserve sides play Senior sides. No wonder the other states take the p1ss out of the VFL, they at least respect their member club's supporters.

Don't get me started on the death of the one true organisation that catered for the club supporters and patrons.

THE VFA was State Football for all communities.

I saw the 2010 'effort' on a recent visit to the east coast ... it is the most pathetic effort at a Football Record ever. Twelve pages for $2 is an insult considering the 72+ page efforts for the same price produced by staff at the Mornington Peninsula, Eastern, Amateur and Northern Leagues.

The SANFL and WAFL Budgets absolutely crap over the VFL's fifteen minute 'effort' by staff who obviously have better things to do and haven't got a care in the world about correctly servicing their patrons.

Typical conduct of an organisation which took over and defuncted the VFA to impose their misguided will on football in this state - the only state where Reserve sides play Senior sides. No wonder the other states take the p1ss out of the VFL, they at least respect their member club's supporters.
You are spot on.

The VFL Record is a disgrace, not only is it now the equal of four pieces of paper folded in half, most of the team lists are also wrong.

The VFL Record was making a loss, fair enough, but rather than shopping around and finding other printers who could do the job more cheaply, the VFL elected to stay with Slattery media, keep using glossy paper, but cut the content. Bad call.

The publications in SA and WA s**t all over what the VFL have put together this season.

At least they are trying to bring it back to what it was with the scores from the previous round, leading goal kickers and umpire uniform numbers.

Still a long way to go though until things are back to normal again.

Those all important umpires numbers ... oh pu-leeeease. There are many more worthy things to print than them.

How can a mob like Red Onion produce reasonable Records for a number of leagues on reasonable paper for a cover price of $2, when Slattery do what they do. I reckon they think people are dopey enough to pay for it so they just do it.

That is why suburban footy is so much better on the wallet.

Those all important umpires numbers ... oh pu-leeeease. There are many more worthy things to print than them.

How can a mob like Red Onion produce reasonable Records for a number of leagues on reasonable paper for a cover price of $2, when Slattery do what they do. I reckon they think people are dopey enough to pay for it so they just do it.

That is why suburban footy is so much better on the wallet.
Red Onion do a great job with the Records for local footy. Bought one on the weekend at a local game, cost $2 and was filled with team lists and stories on the league. Then I bought a VFL Record the next day for $2, about 60 pages less content, it was a flimsy, inaccurate publication.

The people at AFL Vic should be ashamed of what they have done to the Footy Record.

And Slattery must be making a mint. AFL Vic should have shown some balls and found a different publisher rather than cut the content of the Record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and on the subject of Slattery's ... their new book of footy pictures - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! My God! I hope they are not expecting to sell every copy they produced!

I saw it in the shop, flicked through it and said 'meh, not that great and not worth it' and looked at the other books instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back