The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but LFP is a pony. LFP is therefore a practitioner of ultraviolence, and possibly also Rolfing. LFP and his pony friends would make a big bonfire out of bunnies and dance around it, the light flickering on their coats as they revel in the scent of scorched rabbit.

I strongly object to the outrageous accusations of Rolfing aimed at LFP! :mad:

I strongly object to the outrageous accusations of Rolfing aimed at LFP! :mad:

Definitely Rolfing. And EST. And Tantric meditation. LFP is like an ageing Byron hippie. He would probably hang out with Pete Evans and I have seen mobile phone records to suggest he participated in the lockdown rally in Melbourne. Next he will be leading his own "Sovereign Pony" movement.

I'm hearing you brother.

I'm looking forward to having a breather from my BF on occasions. After despairing at his complete unwillingness to do some housework, I have cracked the shits and instituted a no nookie policy and left with nothing else to do but talk when stuck together in the house indefinitely, I have been imagining duct tape over his mouth a lot.
Did he cook as planned by you yesterday or was it the day before or did you have to resort to your mini meal in the fridge?

Did he cook as planned by you yesterday or was it the day before or did you have to resort to your mini meal in the fridge?

I used my mini meal. They ended up ordering takeaway pizza. To add insult to injury, it was Hawaiian.

I used my mini meal. They ended up ordering takeaway pizza. To add insult to injury, it was Hawaiian.

I would normally pile it on you due to your constant attacks on LFP, but nobody deserves this. Poor horse. Sorry mate.

They shouldn’t. They have a huge advantage over Victoria in 2020.
The Vaccine(s).
We never had any way of suppressing the virus apart from harsh lockdowns. NSW should be able to ease off the restrictions when enough people get the jab and they get the local transmission under control.

True, we didn't have the vaccine light at the end of the tunnel.

At best it will take a few months before NSW have the required vaccination rates. Until then restricted movement is their only solution.

Luckily people are protected from serious symptoms even a few short weeks after the first jab.

They shouldn’t. They have a huge advantage over Victoria in 2020.
The Vaccine(s).
We never had any way of suppressing the virus apart from harsh lockdowns. NSW should be able to ease off the restrictions when enough people get the jab and they get the local transmission under control.
True, we didn't have the vaccine light at the end of the tunnel.

At best it will take a few months before NSW have the required vaccination rates. Until then restricted movement is their only solution.

Luckily people are protected from serious symptoms even a few short weeks after the first jab.

Very Good Point that NSW has come when a Vaccine has been around while we had no such thing

Very Good Point that NSW has come when a Vaccine has been around while we had no such thing
So few people are vaccinated. In NSW, despite the massive outbreak, only 2% of under 40s are immunised. I would imagine any real advantage the state now enjoys over Victoria's situation last year is cancelled out by the greater dangers and spreading power of the Delta virus.

So few people are vaccinated. In NSW, despite the massive outbreak, only 2% of under 40s are immunised. I would imagine any real advantage the state now enjoys over Victoria's situation last year is cancelled out by the greater dangers and spreading power of the Delta virus.

Yeah Delta seems to Spread a Lot Faster and said to be more Deadly as well for the Vaccinated

Yeah Delta seems to Spread a Lot Faster and said to be more Deadly as well for the Vaccinated
Not so deadly for the vaccinated. Heard on the news that 97% dying in the USA from covid are unvaccinated - so only 3% are vaccinated. People not taking the opportunity to be vaccinated is frustrating and can have deadly consequences which could so easily be avoided.

Last edited:
Not so deadly for the vaccinated. Heard on the news that 97% dying from covid are unvaccinated - so only 3% are vaccinated. People not taking the opportunity to be vaccinated is frustrating and can have deadly consequences which could so easily be avoided.

It does piss me off that people choose not to get Vaccinated when they can.

Well IF they die from Covid then they can only Blame themselves for not getting Vaccinated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the Numbers in Australia like Compared to the USA?
The figures in my post above were for the % of unvaccinated/vaccinated in daily covid deaths for the USA. I was letting you know that my original post accidentally omitted 'the USA'. To be honest, I have not followed America's figures since they got heavily immunised.

The figures in my post above were for the % of unvaccinated/vaccinated in daily covid deaths for the USA. I was letting you know that my original post accidentally omitted 'the USA'. To be honest, I have not followed America's figures since they got heavily immunised.

USA numbers are extremely uneven, with certain states seeing significant outbreaks and deaths while others are relatively clear. The below provides some explanation - a plot of percentage with at least 1 vaccine dose and percentage vote for Biden has a correlation coefficient close to 0.9 (hat tip to NMBB)

E326g3jVEAISl9u.png

Not so deadly for the vaccinated. Heard on the news that 97% dying in the USA from covid are unvaccinated - so only 3% are vaccinated. People not taking the opportunity to be vaccinated is frustrating and can have deadly consequences which could so easily be avoided.

Here's the US data

Jan 21:
New Cases Daily (7 day average): 259,000+
Deaths: 3,570

This Week:
New Cases Daily (7 day average): 60,000+
Deaths: 275

As you mentioned a large number of those deaths are preventable. I can see the same thing happening here when they eventually let it rip.

USA numbers are extremely uneven, with certain states seeing significant outbreaks and deaths while others are relatively clear. The below provides some explanation - a plot of percentage with at least 1 vaccine dose and percentage vote for Biden has a correlation coefficient close to 0.9 (hat tip to NMBB)

Made your graph a little easier to understand

1627387940608.png

Made your graph a little easier to understand

View attachment 1189130

Right that does it.

I'm going to sea and will return when the ponies have you on the run. The jester of Tortuga, Captain Jack Stallion. You're the ones in the need of rescuing, and I am not sure I'll be in the mood.

E7E63yyWUA4jtYi.jpg

Right that does it.

I'm going to sea and will return when the ponies have you on the run. The jester of Tortuga, Captain Jack Stallion. You're the ones in the need of rescuing, and I am not sure I'll be in the mood.

You can't leave us captain Jack Stallion because LFP would miss you terribly. He is willing to share all his apples with you and will happily let you have all the pineapples. :)

Pony Hugs

Here's the US data

Jan 21:
New Cases Daily (7 day average): 259,000+
Deaths: 3,570

This Week:
New Cases Daily (7 day average): 60,000+
Deaths: 275

As you mentioned a large number of those deaths are preventable. I can see the same thing happening here when they eventually let it rip.
That's a big drop in cases and huge drop in deaths. Nothing to be feared if we are 80% vaccinated, except for the remaining 20% who will bear the brunt of suffering and death.

That's a big drop in cases and huge drop in deaths. Nothing to be feared if we are 80% vaccinated, except for the remaining 20% who will bear the brunt of suffering and death.

Yep. Just like the US, once everyone has had a fair chance to be vaccinated the government here will let it rip.

Sadly, the ones that have refused the vaccine risk experiencing agonising and regretful final moments in ICU.

On a promising note England's new cases are trending down despite a grand opening of sorts.

View attachment 1189117
Hats off for the "hot" tip :) - being fully vaccinated I think I can see myself on the chart :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back