The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he is not Robinson Crusoe.

Then what about the Deaths last year when Glady let people off Boats into Sydney?

He celebrated the 800 deaths with a glass of scotch. All hail King Dan!

Last edited:
Well he is not Robinson Crusoe.

Then what about the Deaths last year when Glady let people off Boats into Sydney?
Don't worry too much about what other posters say Dave.

Haven't much to post about except bringing up the past.

Mistakes were made by many on both sides of politics, let's just hope they have learned.

Don't worry too much about what other posters say Dave.

Haven't much to post about except bringing up the past.

Mistakes were made by many on both sides of politics, let's just hope they have learned.
Ahh yes, all those businesses in Victoria sent to the wall due to local incompetence.

'Mistakes were made, but lets smile'

:drunk:

Ahh yes, all those businesses in Victoria sent to the wall due to local incompetence.

Learnt from it.. so they're ready for the next pandemic in 75-100 yrs time? May as well get Nostradamus involved re.

See my reply to your previous post.

I actually wouldn't mind your posts if you replied to my earlier questions but you drop in and then run away until your next revelation as you are not interested in genuine discussion.

Given the availability of vaccines in NSW, do you think they have done a good job with over 500 dead?

(Oh and don't drag up the aged care deaths in Vic as there wasn't any vaccines available; aged care wasn't solely a Victorian problem; quarantine is a Fed Gov responsibility (although Vic did stuff up) and not a lot known about the virus.

Don't be a NewsCorpse follower. That is where truth goes to die.

See my reply to your previous post.

I actually wouldn't mind your posts if you replied to my earlier questions but you drop in and then run away until your next revelation as you are not interested in genuine discussion.

Given the availability of vaccines in NSW, do you think they have done a good job with over 500 dead?

(Oh and don't drag up the aged care deaths in Vic as there wasn't any vaccines available; aged care wasn't solely a Victorian problem; quarantine is a Fed Gov responsibility (although Vic did stuff up) and not a lot known about the virus.

Don't be a NewsCorpse follower. That is where truth goes to die.

Keep on watching the ABC and The Project Maggie5 lol.

If you watch news programs that only reinforce your beliefs, you are not doing it right
Yep. Do Your Own Research is code for looking for and believing confirmation bias, regardless of whether the source is reputable or whether it is an anonymous source on a wordpress blog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABC goes the Complete Opposite to Murdoch Media
True at least no misleading headlines, unknown sources. More opinion than any real facts.

Then again, most Murdoch media readers/listeners/watchers don't really go past the headline.

I was talking to one today about changing authority from CHO to Andrews. Asked her how is that different to NSW and other states?

Did she know that there would be oversight etc etc.

I gave up.

True at least no misleading headlines, unknown sources. More opinion than any real facts.

Then again, most Murdoch media readers/listeners/watchers don't really go past the headline.

I was talking to one today about changing authority from CHO to Andrews. Asked her how is that different to NSW and other states?

Did she know that there would be oversight etc etc.

I gave up.

I don't Really Read or Pay Much Attention to Either

Such as when 7.30 Report stated that Heritier Lumumba was a victim of racial vilification when the disputed 'chimp' accusation was the only 'evidence' of such in the public arena.
Even Ita said recently that it's "East Coast Centric". Listening to / watching the ABC you wouldn't think Australia is responsible for ~ 1% of global emissions and China ~30%.

The ABC cannot claim to always be a fount of objective analysis.
It can claim to be a font of objective analysis when compared to all things Murdoch.
There is no such thing as an unbiased media outlet. But there is such a thing as self interest predicated on profit.
ABC don’t have that. Murdoch (and various other outlets) do.
So I know which choice I make everyday.

Even Ita said recently that it's "East Coast Centric". Listening to / watching the ABC you wouldn't think Australia is responsible for ~ 1% of global emissions and China ~30%.
1%of global emissions is a lot when you're only 0.3% of the global population and most of your production based emissions are exported because you don't manufacture very much onshore.

1%of global emissions is a lot when you're only 0.3% of the global population and most of your production based emissions are exported because you don't manufacture very much onshore.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the fundamental reason our emissions per capita are so staggeringly high is our avoidance of nuclear power?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the fundamental reason our emissions per capita are so staggeringly high is our avoidance of nuclear power?
I think it's mainly for a good reason - a really high standard of living.

Im guessing its mainly coal based electricity driving it. That and transport. I don't know enough about renewables to know if they're a genuine option to nuclear.

I get the impression that the world hasn't invested heavily enough in solar research, as solar seems to have advanced really slowly.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back