The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the fundamental reason our emissions per capita are so staggeringly high is our avoidance of nuclear power?
Wrong, and right.
Nuclear power could solve emissions problems, but you are looking at a 25 to 30 year lead time to make any impression.
In the mean time, wind, solar, thermal……. there are options that can be scaled in a short time frame.
And a short time frame is all we really have.

Be a Riot IF that Happened

There's a misunderstanding about what Singapore has done, due to dodgy headlines

They have a great public health system which is heavily government subsidised, but patients have to pay small bills for government hospital treatment. They brought in a rule that noone receives that small bill for covid treatment - just so there would be no disincentive for people coming forward with covid symptoms. The unvaccinated will still get the standard government subsidies - like with all non-covid hospital visits. The difference is that covid for them will no longer be treated as a condition where they get no bill - they will get a small bill. While the vaccinated, they still won't get a bill at all for covid treatment.

There's a misunderstanding about what Singapore has done, due to dodgy headlines

They have a great public health system which is heavily government subsidised, but patients have to pay small bills for government hospital treatment. They brought in a rule that noone receives that small bill for covid treatment - just so there would be no disincentive for people coming forward with covid symptoms. The unvaccinated will still get the standard government subsidies - like with all non-covid hospital visits. The difference is that covid for them will no longer be treated as a condition where they get no bill - they will get a small bill. While the vaccinated, they still won't get a bill at all for covid treatment.
So it would be the same as if the Thais made unvaccinated covid victims pay the 30 baht flat fee for hospital or medical treatment, about the price of a bowl of soup.

So it would be the same as if the Thais made unvaccinated covid victims pay the 30 baht flat fee for hospital or medical treatment, about the price of a bowl of soup.

Don't know the figures, but yes, it's not what is being reported. It's simply the unvaccinated not having access to a special covid related rule. They still get heavily government subsidised treatment for covid.

So what Bob Carr is advocating is way above what Singapore has done - they're not a precedent, for what he is advocating. If it happened it would be an example of Australia going fully nuts - way beyond what any other country has done.

Don't know the figures, but yes, it's not what is being reported. It's simply the unvaccinated not having access to a special covid related rule. They still get heavily government subsidised treatment for covid.

So what Bob Carr is advocating is way above what Singapore has done - they're not a precedent, for what he is advocating. If it happened it would be an example of Australia going fully nuts - way beyond what any other country has done.
I kind of like Australia 'going fully nuts - way beyond what any other country has done'. It's what we seem to do best. The longest lockdown in the world, undermining our economy by locking out of all our international students and our cheap labour force, prevent our own citizens from re-entering their country, set exorbitant prices for just about everything (and if possible engineer circumstances so that even higher prices can be achieved), and now, lock all the unvaccinated out of the medical system to which they contribute taxes and leave them to heal themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Bob Carr.
A hypothetical for you BW…given how scathing you are of any unvaccinated person

If you were to suddenly collapse and stop breathing, and the only person capable of doing CPR is unvaccinated, would you want that person to revive you and save your life?

Last edited:
A hypothetical for you BW…given how scathing you are of any unvaccinated person

If you were to suddenly collapse and stop breathing, and the only person capable of doing CPR is unvaccinated, would you want that person to revive you and save your life?
Of course I would.
Just like I would allow an aids infected person to save my life.
In an emergency situation you don’t actually get to make a choice, I’m sure you understand that. Your life is saved and you worry about the consequences later.
What I don’t want is the great unvaccinated to continue to spread the disease at higher rates than the vaccinated.
What I don’t want is the great unvaccinated to allow the disease to grow and mutate because we haven’t suppressed it enough.
I like the Singapore response to the great unvaccinated. Basically, F off you lunatics!
And now, thanks to the great unvaccinated, areas of Europe going back into lockdown.
How anyone can defend these nutters is beyond me.

Of course I would.
In an emergency situation you don’t actually get to make a choice, I’m sure you understand that. Your life is saved and you worry about the consequences later.
What I don’t want is the great unvaccinated to continue to spread the disease at higher rates than the vaccinated.
What I don’t want is the great unvaccinated to allow the disease to grow and mutate because we haven’t suppressed it enough.
I like the Singapore response to the great unvaccinated. Basically, F off you lunatics!
And now, thanks to the great unvaccinated, areas of Europe going back into lockdown.
BW the unvaccinated don’t spread it any more than the vaccinated. The unvaccinated don't cause it to spread or mutate.
Many people, for one reason or another, are not able to be vaccinated.

And many people choose to wait for more long term research data rather than have an experimental unapproved vaccine injected into their body - all of them only have provisional approval.

Of course I would.
Craig Kelly in Melbourne today is a pathetic disgrace but the nutters cheer him on :(

BW the unvaccinated don’t spread it any more than the vaccinated. The unvaccinated don't cause it to spread or mutate.

And many people choose to wait for more long term research data rather than have an experimental unapproved vaccine injected into their body - all of them only have provisional approval.

I'm at peace with and respect your views which are well expressed but the unvaccinated do spread it more. That's proven and undeniable.

Have you researched every vaccine you've received in the past with the same endeavour?

I don't believe anyone on this forum would begrudge a person that can't be vaccinated against COVID for medical reasons. Surely we all understand this; but let's be clear, it's not many that have legitimate medical causes that prevent them. It's actually a very small portion among the group that have not been vaccinated yet.

I'd assume that a large number of them would jump at the protection the vaccine offers if it was safe for them to get it.

Either way, I wish you and yours peace and health.

It's a very small group of people who are recommended to not get vaxed:

People who had anaphalyxsis to their first dose of a covid vaccine.

People who have previously had anaphalyxsis to an ingredient of the vaccine. With this group, they can just switch to a different vaccine that doesn't contain that ingredient.

Out of curiosity MG, would you take one of the vaccines that isn't gene based, if they get approved in Australia. Eg. Sinovac, which is the deactivated virus or Novavax, which is the protein of the virus, and which Australia has a large order for?

It's a very small group of people who are recommended to not get vaxed:

People who had anaphalyxsis to their first dose of a covid vaccine.

People who have previously had anaphalyxsis to an ingredient of the vaccine. With this group, they can just switch to a different vaccine that doesn't contain that ingredient.

Out of curiosity MG, would you take one of the vaccines that isn't gene based, if they get approved in Australia. Eg. Sinovac, which is the deactivated virus or Novavax, which is the protein of the virus, and which Australia has a large order for?
Sr you can't get an exemption for anaphylxsis to an ingredient in the vaccines in Victoria - you have to submit to the first shot and suffer the reaction before they'll exempt you from the second.
It is extremely difficult to get a medical exemption here as doctors are not permitted to give them.
Regardless no one should be coerced into having any of these vaccines.
And natural immunity should be recognised.

I personally know 4 people who have had very serious life changing reactions to Pfizer and another a very serious reaction. Incredibly 3 of them work in the same office.
Two women in their late 20’s - one got severe pericarditis and another can no longer walk. Two men in their 50’s, got their shingles reactivated and severe brain fog.
I know of a woman who had the AZ who was paralysed for 3 days, an hour after having the shot and another man who died a couple of days later.
In the development of any other vaccine this number alone would have been enough to stop it’s use but the TGA and CDC blithely ignore all of these vaccine injuries, and now they’re injecting young children for whom covid poses no risk.
This is seriously scary stuff

The non gene based vaccines appear to offer better protection against delta and i think are safer - Sinovac, Novvavax and the Australian one Covvax, which for some reason the government won’t support, despite it offering the best protection. They had the opportunity to make it in August of last year but sold their soul to Pfizer instead

Yours views are yours.
But there are situations that may change those views.
I hope you never are in the situation that so many who suddenly change their views are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back