The song after the goal

Should we keep TNT or let the players pick?

• Keep TNT

• Players choice

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

88mph

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
We play TNT after each goal and IMO we're flogging it to death.

Other teams (like Brisbane) play different songs after different players kick goals which mixes things up a bit.

Should we keep TNT or mix it up?

At the risk of sounding like a boomer - hell no to any music after a goal. Tacky Yank bullshite that does absolutely nothing to enhance the footy going experience.
Yep, you only need music to entertain the crowd where the spectacle is crap. Aussie Rules used to be good enough on its own. With a beer and a pie.

Anything but the "Put Your Hands Up In The Air" song they played during the Carlton game. I'm fairly confident that the players avoided kicking goals so they didn't have to hear it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly didn't watch the game last night. Country Road was going off

That's what prompted me to write this poll.

Different songs bring different parts of the crowd into the game which builds more atmosphere. There's probably a psychology there for the players too.

We're flogging ACDC to death nearly as bad as Mark Mcgowan and Roger Cook have.

Better still if the crowd just fires up more.
To me the music after goals is just more American Bull sheeit.
Do Collingwood or Richmond or Carlton play music... or do they let the fans know how much they love their players goals!!
It is fake noise .

I don't like how every second has to be filled with music/sound/lights/ground announcers.
Let the game be the feature and the crowd will find their voice and create our own atmosphere.

Remember a few years ago and they had fake crowd coming through the speakers.
That was super cringe 🤣
Kinda cringe but kinda brutally honest too - fake crowd noise is up front saying, 'This is all BS, we are just manufacturing excitement to make you morons think something interesting is going on'.

Need to do something to get the crowd up and about because let's be honest, apart from the final last year the crowds at Optus so far have been flaccid

I miss the days of a raucous Subi (not the stadium itself but the atmosphere)

I think the music after goals coincides with the arrival at Optus.

It's a hill i will die on but it is a crowd killer.

I wouldn’t mind this sort of atmosphere before and game instead of that dullard from Radio announcing the players.
No to music after a goal. Let the crowd roar.

Back