FTA-TV The Sopranos

Remove this Banner Ad

She was in a series of Entourage going out with Turtle which just shows how far fetched that show can be but then again they dated irl too. I think she just spat a kid out.

Not really a parody. Some look-alike clever casting (The real Puss?) but fundamentally exactly like the show. However saying that the Sopranos is still probably the best drama series I've ever seen.

I guess in a show where we are conditioned to root for guys like Tony then Artie is a loser but I don't pity him I empathise with him. Although he occasionally toes the line, a life of crime isn't what he wants and yet it often becomes entangled in his life through no fault of his own, like the fire at his restaurant.

I'm a fan of the episode where there is the credit card scheme at his restaurant, the ending shot of him cooking the rabbit is great and so is this angry speech

For me I never really felt Artie wanted a life away from the families (and all that brings), apart from being his family as well, he liked the benefits too much for that. Agree that the rabbit scene is great and felt that around that time and his fights with Tony he finished the series with a lot better sense of who he was.

Pretty sure I saw Meadow on some lightweight comedy the other morning in the 'George Lopez' timeslot. What the hell sort of name is Meadow anyway? (apologies if the question has been asked)

For me I never really felt Artie wanted a life away from the families (and all that brings), apart from being his family as well, he liked the benefits too much for that. Agree that the rabbit scene is great and felt that around that time and his fights with Tony he finished the series with a lot better sense of who he was.

"brought those arugula seeds all the way back from Italy in my shaving kit!"

Rewatching again for the umpteenth time, always find something I've missed. Fun & difficult to watch at once.
Want to see something cool I bet most of you missed, check the Ep where it's Livia's wake? Just before Janice calls everyone to the great room to share their memories of her mother, Tony is getting drinks from a mirrored cupboard. Have a look at what is reflected in the mirror when he opens the drinks cupboard.:eek:

Rewatching again for the umpteenth time, always find something I've missed. Fun & difficult to watch at once.
Want to see something cool I bet most of you missed, check the Ep where it's Livia's wake? Just before Janice calls everyone to the great room to share their memories of her mother, Tony is getting drinks from a mirrored cupboard. Have a look at what is reflected in the mirror when he opens the drinks cupboard.:eek:

bit of a spinout when you first see that isn't it:)

Puss right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freaked me out when I first saw it, third viewing I think and had the luxury of noticing and pausing and rewinding.
Noticed something when I last watched that episode but was rewinding to see who it was skulking down the stairs in the scene at the start of the sharing. Whoa.

http://sopranosautopsy.com
Found this recently, a great companion to exploring the deeper concepts of the series. Not all episodes are covered yet.

Noticed something when I last watched that episode but was rewinding to see who it was skulking down the stairs in the scene at the start of the sharing. Whoa.

http://sopranosautopsy.com
Found this recently, a great companion to exploring the deeper concepts of the series. Not all episodes are covered yet.

been looking for something like that before watching the series yet again:thumbsu:

Season and Ep is that?

I watched the whole series for the first time recently and must have missed Pussy in the mirror too...

:eek:

Speaking of pussy in the mirror, I need to Google something for the next hour or so :)

I watched the whole series for the first time recently and must have missed Pussy in the mirror too...

:eek:

Speaking of pussy in the mirror, I need to Google something for the next hour or so :)

CatAndMirror.jpg
?

An observation from that autopsy site I found interesting

THE SOPRANOS vs. SEINFELD
In June 2013, The Sopranos was awarded the top spot on the Writers Guild of America’s list of “101 Best Written TV Series of All Time.” The top ten is an incredible collection of shows, including the modern masterpieces Mad Men and The Wire. Seinfeld took the #2 spot. Now, I love Seinfeld, probably as much as I love The Sopranos, and I think it completely deserves the Silver medal. And yet, in terms of writing, I think The Sopranos leaves the NBC comedy in its dust. The gulf between the WGA’s #1 and #2 shows, when looking at their scripts, is immense.

I’ve often thought about a major similarity between these two series, and now seems like the perfect time to bring it up. Seinfeld was not a plot-centric sitcom (at least not in the traditional sense) – each episode was primarily a vehicle to express Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David’s wry observations about everyday life. It was famously a “show about nothing.” The Sopranos is also, arguably, a show about nothing (and about “a Big Nothing,” Livia’s philosophy of meaninglessness). The four Seinfeld characters are like hilarious versions of Livia: they are callous and self-centered, without any significantly meaningful connections to other people. In the Series Finale, they are put on trial for their callousness and are convicted after a long line of past associates testify to their cold-heartedness. Seinfeld was so funny because it was so enthusiastic and unapologetic in showing us the carelessness of its characters. SopranoWorld can also be an unremittingly cold place with unapologetically careless characters, but it is presented in a serious, dramatic light rather than a humorous one as inSeinfeld. This is not to say that The Sopranos isn’t side-splittingly funny at times. I think Winter’s script, in fact, makes “House Arrest” the funniest episode of Season Two. Funny moments include:

• Tony asking Corrado, “How many ‘MiG’s you shoot down last week?” when Corrado has a clunky medical device fitted over his head, making him look some wacky fighter-pilot
  • Tony unloads his frustration onto a doctor after another fainting spell goes undiagnosed, and the offended doc retaliates by telling him, “You know, losing some weight wouldn’t hurt.”
  • Tony’s sexual interest in the Barone secretary gets piqued when he finds out she’s a Born-Again Christian
The sex scene between Tony and the secretary is so funny partly because of how Chase builds up to it. When Tony first arrives at Barone Sanitation, a hell-hound ferociously barks while straining against its chain. Later, Tony’s interest in Christian Connie grows, as though he knows a thing or two about the sex habits of evangelicals. When the scene finally arrives, it is scored with the dog’s barking as Tony goes at her doggy-style.

Funny stuff. (Or as Banya might have said, “That’s gold, Jerry. Gold!”)

In a 2012 interview with the New York Times, David Chase jokingly noted an ironic inversion between Seinfeld and The Sopranos:

“It’s just very difficult to end a series,” said the Sopranos creator. “For example, Seinfeld, they ended it with them all going to jail. Now that’s the ending we should have had. And they should have had ours, where it blacked out in a diner.”

In before did you do a search. Yes, and * off. Couldn't find a decent enough thread:D

Loved this show. Granted some eps were boring and kinda slow but for the most part it's pretty good viewing.

Any of you wise guys fans? Which episodes are etched in your memory and which characters have you taken a liking to?

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back