Opinion The Tattoo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would love to know what you guys think of this idea. I've always wanted a Lions related tattoo, but haven't really thought of something that is original or pleasing to look at. I'm also looking to get one in an area that remains covered for employment reasons. Now, to my personal idea; the BBFFC inked on my back exactly as it is on our guernsey. To me its subtle and pays tribute to the merged team I so dearly love.

It got me thinking as to whether or not I would regret this later in life; does anyone on this board have tattoo they resent or dislike? Or are you proud of your ink? What advice would you give to others considering tattoos, especially Lions ones?

I have the old logo permanently etched onto my left shoulder. Makes for great conversation.

295240_10151213165970803_1754475809_n.jpg

I was personally thinking of getting the old logo done (Though the BBFFC idea is nice too).

If you feel that your allegiance to the club or the AFL will dwindle in years to come, then I wouldn't recommend it.

But if you're die-hard (Which most of us are since we're on BF) then I cannot see it being a regret in the latter part of your life.

A regret would be getting something player related then watching them get traded/leave. :p

Would love to know what you guys think of this idea. I've always wanted a Lions related tattoo, but haven't really thought of something that is original or pleasing to look at. I'm also looking to get one in an area that remains covered for employment reasons. Now, to my personal idea; the BBFFC inked on my back exactly as it is on our guernsey. To me its subtle and pays tribute to the merged team I so dearly love.

It got me thinking as to whether or not I would regret this later in life; does anyone on this board have tattoo they resent or dislike? Or are you proud of your ink? What advice would you give to others considering tattoos, especially Lions ones?

I am anti-tattoo's, can't understand why just because a picture looks nice that you think you should stick it on your whole arm or back or why people feel the need to get their kids names on their arms as some form of love or to show how much they mean to them...There are way more terrible tattoos than good ones over the last 5 or so years/ rant over.

If it's something that in 10 years time you're not going to look at it and think "wtf was I thinking" then go for it. Have you seen the logo/guernsey thread where someone got the bears and fitzroy logos linked together in place of the BBFFC on the guernsey? That's probably never been done on anyone and it could look alright.

As you can see from my avatar, this spot hides with a sleeved shirt, so I look tidy for work.
I loved the font of the old logo but didn't want the lion coloured or blacked out.
I thought the original word Lion would be too small for the original lion in place of the centre of the "o" and would be too much of a double up to have the logo twice so got a "normal" o and a larger stand alone lion.
The lion has some light shading to give some dimension.
I like it and there will never be another team. This largely (apart from a couple of tweaks) is the logo of that great premiership era, so logos may come and go but this is the one I love.

As you can see from my avatar, this spot hides with a sleeved shirt, so I look tidy for work.
I loved the font of the old logo but didn't want the lion coloured or blacked out.
I thought the original word Lion would be too small for the original lion in place of the centre of the "o" and would be too much of a double up to have the logo twice so got a "normal" o and a larger stand alone lion.
The lion has some light shading to give some dimension.
I like it and there will never be another team. This largely (apart from a couple of tweaks) is the logo of that great premiership era, so logos may come and go but this is the one I love.

But it looks as though you are wearing a cfc jumper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everybody that follows me on Twitter has seen mine.

Whether they like it or not.

I hear Tairy has seen it up close.

If you know what I mean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back