The Tequila Thread.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
No it's not for you tossers who say "Oh i dont do tequila it makes me do stupid crazy things!"

Any other Tequila lovers around? Your favourite? It's the next big thing in the liquor industry, here we can be tossers and claim we were on it before anyone else was

Currently doing through a bottle of Milagro reserve Anejo,
Milagro_BarrelRes_Anejo_01.jpg

Creamy as * Butterscotch and Vanill flavour, its like god dropped a load in my mouth. The bottle is pretty amazing as well

Aussie Assault

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
It's the only spirit I enjoy drinking straight & have never understood why it doesn't have a bigger audience outside slammers & suicides..

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
No it's not for you tossers who say "Oh i dont do tequila it makes me do stupid crazy things!"

Any other Tequila lovers around? Your favourite? It's the next big thing in the liquor industry, here we can be tossers and claim we were on it before anyone else was

Currently doing through a bottle of Milagro reserve Anejo,
Milagro_BarrelRes_Anejo_01.jpg

Creamy as **** Butterscotch and Vanill flavour, its like god dropped a load in my mouth. The bottle is pretty amazing as well

Have never been big on it myself, but also dont go places that sell anything other than el gingo or Jose Churvo etc

Can appreciate that it is just like scotch ect in what it offers at the higher levels though

PantaloonRazorblade

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love that Milagro reserve for a special occasion. Everyday is el Espolon reposado, awesome art on the label and tastes pretty nice too. Sometimes pair up the blanco with an equal measure of sangrita in another glass. The best way to drink it.

6a00e553b3da208834013486f55094970c-500wi

PantaloonRazorblade

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is the problem with tequila - its viewed as a drink that is drunk only to get hammered, usually from the belly button of some festy yeast-laden minge. Its a shame, because a good tequila is at least the equal of a good scotch whisky.

Hard_to_Beat

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I once drank 14 tequila slammers.

I found out that you only have a problem with this stuff when you stop drinking it.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Love that Milagro reserve for a special occasion. Everyday is el Espolon reposado, awesome art on the label and tastes pretty nice too. Sometimes pair up the blanco with an equal measure of sangrita in another glass. The best way to drink it.

6a00e553b3da208834013486f55094970c-500wi
Good man.

Yeah, The espolon is quality for the price,

Starting on the Patron Anejo right now, another fine tequila (Duty free as well, *insert Lleyton Hewitts C'mon taunt*)

Dec 23, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Exers
Used to drink a lot of it when I was younger, as a drink to get hammered on.
Record was 27 laybacks, what a night that was.o_O

Now days do appreciate the flavour more but really don't have a favourite yet, must keep trying them all.:thumbsu:

Had no idea you could do something other than have shot this stuff. Wouldn't mind giving it a go. Any recommendations, both straight or with a mixer?

I've got a mate from Uni who is a Mexican International student. He loves his tequila with coke and lime, which does taste very good - which surprised me as I often find myself mixing my scotch/whiskey with ginger ale and lime to get away from the old coke mixer which can become tiresome. I've even seen him put it in coffee before.

His a big fan of Don Julio which is a good mid range tequila to start off with, very smooth.

And as other have started Sierra is disgusting!

Didn't know there were so many types until I went to touché hombre in the city. :thumbsu:

They do have a great selection of tequila. It's set up like a mexican restaurant in Mexico, but it's a shame they just serve anything they can think of in a soft taco and call it mexican, when really it's just a bunch of food from all nations stuffed into a taco. They don't even have the time to heat up the tacos, which is disappointing.

Nice food, but really it's a taco inspired restaurant catering for absolutely everybody.

7zark7

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2004
Napier St
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
They do have a great selection of tequila. It's set up like a mexican restaurant in Mexico, but it's a shame they just serve anything they can think of in a soft taco and call it mexican, when really it's just a bunch of food from all nations stuffed into a taco. They don't even have the time to heat up the tacos, which is disappointing.

Nice food, but really it's a taco inspired restaurant catering for absolutely everybody.
The best thing I had there were the fatty lamb ribs. They were worth the trip.

I ******* love tequila. I prefer to drink Jose Cuervo Respito myself. However I have just got back from Mexico (drank a lot there over a week) and it kills me to pay $40 a bottle when I could buy 2 bottles for $20 over there.

I drank some awesome tequilas in Mexico, but the names escape me. Drank a caramel tequila when I was over there, it was awesome.

IceNine

Senior List
Oct 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I once did seven or so tequila suicides until we ran out of salt and were forced by circumstance to use pepper as a replacement.

It's nice to hear tequila is a more nuanced spirit than I expected, I'll definitely be looking into it.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Was never a big tequila drinker... Then I went to Mexico. Es como beber orina de Dios! Did the tequila tour, funnily enough in the town of tequila, and got absolutely plastered. From then on me and my mate smashed it. Best thing was buying cheap-arsed mezcal (tequila can ONLY be marketed as 'tequila' if it's grown in a certain area of Mexico. If not it's called mezcal) in a 7/11-type shop called OXXO for eleven pesos. Sold in small plastic bottles shaped like a stripped-down agave heart, they felt like hand grenades. One would leave you very happy. Two would f*ck you up.

I loved Mexico. This is the tequila I brought back.

3325.jpg

Cheapest is white tequila. Tequila Blanco. Next is gold tequila. Tequila Oro. Then the tequila aged for up to one year. Tequila Reposado. Last is the truly aged stuff, and the most expensive. Tequila Anejo.

Back