The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me intruding. I just want to say from an outside perspective it's been really inspirational to see what Hardwick has done with the club. Don't take this the wrong way but I always assumed Carlton would have the edge just because of finals experience. I think some people on this board are underrating how important that is, at the very least their mature players undoubtedly influenced the match - Judd for one. I would not be too upset with this result, win or lose you'll be better for it. Look forward to next year.

Thanks for the sentiments, buddy. And spot on! We will be better for the outing, no doubt. Judd, as a player of his calibre and finals experience should, really stood up and was the difference. They also had the element of surprise .... Duigan will never kick four in a game again. But you do need to come up with something different in finals.
Good luck to your Swans :)

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me intruding. I just want to say from an outside perspective it's been really inspirational to see what Hardwick has done with the club. Don't take this the wrong way but I always assumed Carlton would have the edge just because of finals experience. I think some people on this board are underrating how important that is, at the very least their mature players undoubtedly influenced the match - Judd for one. I would not be too upset with this result, win or lose you'll be better for it. Look forward to next year.

Just make sure you smash the bastards for us next week please.:thumbsu:

RFC and Dimma, don't you dare send out a club video with ANY dissection of the Richmond V Carlton game.
You got outcoached. The players went home in the 2nd Half.

And the most disgusting thing is I don't care how the players feel. How you feel.

Your coaching and the players EMBARRASSED the paying Members.
None of you guys would have a paycheck without us.
Did you see the recent 1980 Documentary and how Tony Jewell & Graeme Richmond spoke to the players before the 1980 Grand Final? You mess up, you're gone.

Dimma, do you know any other industries where the workers can turn up on full pay for working half the time? I don't either. Only the RFC in a Final, Coaching Staff and players can get away with that.

Don't send me anything from the Club until the next season is upon us. No 'excuse' Coaching Videos. No Merchandise Sale cash grabs. No 'begging for money' Fund emails. No 3rd Party Partnership Companies flogging products.

Leave the Members alone to enjoy their break away from the Club.
Leave the Members in peace, we're bleeding more than anyone would understand at the Club.

just like the last 11 times..whenever there is any coaching, comeback and decent coaching required, we are sadly outclassed.

We win games on ability..ask yourself how many games under 10 points Teflon hardwick has won compared to how many he has lost?

Have we ever come from behind ie more than three goals?

Do we ever make surprise moves?

swingman?

mate i disagree completely, he is a good young coach!

you guys finished 5th this year! almost top 4!

One game you lost and only because we ran over the top of you, you were also down a rotation from inside 5 mins!

mate i disagree completely, he is a good young coach!

you guys finished 5th this year! almost top 4!

One game you lost and only because we ran over the top of you, you were also down a rotation from inside 5 mins!

If I'm to be honest, deep down, I knew we'd struggle to win the moment Conca went down. Such an important cog in our midfield... sometimes the footy gods are so unkind. :(

If I'm to be honest, deep down, I knew we'd struggle to win the moment Conca went down. Such an important cog in our midfield... sometimes the footy gods are so unkind. :(

Duigan kicking 4 goals after Mclean pulls a hammy as well, Just one of those days! You have an awesome coach in my opinion.....

I like the way he goes about it,

Duigan kicking 4 goals after Mclean pulls a hammy as well, Just one of those days! You have an awesome coach in my opinion.....

I like the way he goes about it,

Thanks Darce!

But yeah, how helpless is the feeling when you're watching the Tigers play and you can just sense the opposing team running over the top of us. The feeling is 10x worse when it is a final against Carlton.

Just looking at some other GF winners and their first up finals with a cut-off point of 4 years (between finals)

Lions in `01, lost their first qualifying final in `95
Cats in `07, lost their first Qualifying final in 2000
Pies in `10 lost their first elimination final in `06

The Swans surprised my fading memory as they won their `96 Qualifying final and played in 97, 98, 00, 01, 03 and 04 before wining their flag in `05

Hawks won `08 and won their elimination in `07

So recent history shows after the pain its not all doom and gloom for the future.It takes time to develope a great side and hopefully thats the track we are now on.

[Add to this, we also lost our first finals in `95 and 2001]

Guys, this week has been awesome with the chirp between you lot and mine over on the Blues board. It was all good fun and in the end, it was an awesome game.

I know wouldnt worry to much about the future because you will be playing more finals. So look forward to more classic games against us and the pies and dons (when they sort out their shit).

And on a parting note... Morro... told you so mate :p

Guys, this week has been awesome with the chirp between you lot and mine over on the Blues board. It was all good fun and in the end, it was an awesome game.

I know wouldnt worry to much about the future because you will be playing more finals. So look forward to more classic games against us and the pies and dons (when they sort out their shit).

And on a parting note... Morro... told you so mate :p

Yeah yeah ya prick. :(

See ya next year :thumbsu: :footy:

Will never happen, but we need to get rid of Riewoldt (obviously for quality compensation) score assists aside he is a total spud as a key forward.

Couldn't agree more. I thought he was worst on ground by a mile. Absolutely and utterly useless. This from a guy who has always come across as though he thinks he's all that, and this is what we get in Richmond's biggest game of the year. Worse, this is becoming the norm for him. Lazy; slow; petulant; can't take a grab; and mediocre skills. If there is any talent lurking in this guy, the Tigers are showing next to no capacity to get it out of him of late.

Couldn't agree more. I thought he was worst on ground by a mile. Absolutely and utterly useless. This from a guy who has always come across as though he thinks he all that, and this is what we get n Richmond's biggest game of the year. Worse, this is becoming the norm for him. Lazy; slow; petulant; can't take a grab; and mediocre skills. If there is any talent lurking in this guy, the Tigers are showing next to no capacity to get it out of him of late.
Sorry, i dont agree with myself :oops: I was emotional. But would still like to see a bit more effort in big games (he isnt alone there)

I want to believe that he can coach but I dont. We play bruise free football, looks good when we have the ball but how bad are we when we dont have it. As good as the Geelong backline are, they looked average on the weekend because their midfield got smashed,

I hope it is inexperience, i hope it is fitness, I really want to believe that we are good enough to get 5 goals up, but i also know what i see. We are on the bottom of the AFL for tackles. I have played enough football in both good and bad teams to know the difference, Good teams know how to lock a game up, bad teams go into their shells.
What will the RFC become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A new benchmark in disappointment.

If I had a bad feeling that we were going to lose before the game, I was absolutely convinced from midway through Carlton's run of five straight goals in the third term. It was the first time I'd ever wanted to leave while we were still in front - so obvious was it that our lead was transitory. The only difference between this and just about every Swans game I've seen up here over the last decade-and-a-half is that the Swans are too good to ever let us get five goals up.

No autopsy thread from the weekends game?

Anyway,for those ready to see the lighter side of the weekend's result (and just a heads up re: mild coarse language, and racial themes...)

No autopsy thread from the weekends game?

Anyway,for those ready to see the lighter side of the weekend's result (and just a heads up re: mild coarse language, and racial themes...)

It's stickied, along with the video you just posted :p

It's stickied, along with the video you just posted :p
So they are :oops:

Not sure how I missed the video sticky. The autopsy sticky you're referring to is obviously the season review (in my defense, I was looking for an autopsy thread relating specifically to the weekend's game, and didn't even compute with that thread!)

So they are :oops:

Not sure how I missed the video sticky. The autopsy sticky you're referring to is obviously the season review (in my defense, I was looking for an autopsy thread relating specifically to the weekend's game, and didn't even compute with that thread!)

Haha it was supposed to be for the weekends game but the Vent Thread pretty much did that job so the stickied one turned into some post game comments and season review :)

Seriously those calling for Dimma's head are absolutely woeful supporters. Besides losing to the scum twice it was one of the most enjoyable seasons I've had in quite some time.

All I know is this. Carlton are now more then an enemy. This season ignited a serious hatred for that filth far beyond Essendon/Collingwood.

Will never forget this game and there supporters at the end. Hope our fans come out in force to next years round 1 game.

Yeah lets sack the coach that brought as half a win of top 4 and into the finals for the first time in 12 years. Because sacking coaches has worked so brilliantly for the last 30 years.
I'm sure Geelong and still pissed they didn't sack Mark Thompson. They actually had a bad year (unlike us) and they kept him on when they could have easily thought the same thing. But I guess he only set them up to be one of the greatest teams EVER.

Yes but Geelong did a review that year, found some weaknesses and made changes to the coaching setup from memory they forced Thompson to relinquish some duties and focus on coaching. The next year things turned around drastically..

While I wouldn't support sacking hardwick I think they should do a serious review to identify his weaknesses and put some additional support in place to address these. Honestly you'd have to be blind Freddy to not realize he has some issues with tactics and game day strategy.

Read back a few posters have suggested we cut Dimma.

Well, you know, we cut Terry Wallace not long after we had finished ninth with 11-and-a-half wins, so why are people carrying on as though Damien Hardwick is some kind of messianic figure when we've been bundled out of the finals by a team who finished ninth, sorry, eighth, with 11 wins?

Well, you know, we cut Terry Wallace not long after we had finished ninth with 11-and-a-half wins, so why are people carrying on as though Damien Hardwick is some kind of messianic figure when we've been bundled out of the finals by a team who finished ninth, sorry, eighth, with 11 wins?

Really?

We finished 5th. Wallace era not even close

Remove this Banner Ad

Back