The what if's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You guys are showing heaps, it must be encouraging to see how the kids are coming along.

The what if's, Yeo and Doherty are All Australian calibre, Polec would get a game and be an important player at any side, Longer would still be likely on the senior list and Karnezis well we will never know, he never came on at Collingwood and must have lost his love for the game at the highest level retiring from Collingwood at 23.

Methinks in a different universe where those guys persisted instead of going home to mum you guys would be inside the 8 looking out rather than in the lower part of the ladder and on the rise.

You guys have been recruiting wisely since with less grumpy shits looking to go home (unlike poor Gold Coast).

Keep up the good work guys.

The Go Home 5 has been discussed Ad infinitum. If we had them in all likely hood we wouldn't have Darcy Gardner, Lewy Taylor, Nick Robertson etc.

The what if scenario is superfluous.

You guys have been recruiting wisely since with less grumpy shits looking to go home (unlike poor Gold Coast).

Keep up the good work guys.
I don't hold much of a grudge against the GH5 these days, I get the feeling that the club wasn't a very happy and inclusive club to be around at that point. The improvement and commitment of our draft haul of 2013 minus Aish also keeps me rather content with the players we have rather pining about the ones we have lost.

The only one I have wondered "what if" is Yeo........it is now what it is and I honestly feel that some things, like the GH5, happen for a reason.

We have a fantastic lot of kids coming through and I wouldn't change that for anything. Had we still had the others we probably wouldn't have the list we have now or the club sorted out and with the coaching staff/administration we've got out of it all..

I personally couldn't care less about the GH5 now. We as a club are in a far better place. They are the past of this club. We are now looking at a very bright future with where we are now.

IMO it is the ultimate in pretentiousness to go onto another club's board and start a thread, especially when it is something that has been done to death already. By all means comment on any current discussion but...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back