Society/Culture Things yuppies like

Remove this Banner Ad

• They pay heaps of money for overpriced art that a four year old could have done.
  • They pretend to know a lot about art even if they don't.
  • They will quite happily spend the day wandering around an art gallery looking at s**t.
  • They are scared to drink at a normal pub because that's where the lower classes congregate.
  • They can't drive for s**t, although they think they can.
  • They think they're going offroad and feel the need to own a 4x4 if they have a dirt driveway.

Errr.. Are they not bogan traits?

Chapel Street. (Bogan's doing laps in their 'sik' cars - bogan entry here)

Tattoos written in script on the inside of the forearm. (another obviously bogan thing trying to be cool entry)

Those ugly Ronald McDonald shoes. (What the ****? Go to the races and all the bogans are wearing white or brown shoes(that never blend with the suit) that are to big. The pinnacle of bogan male race wear!)

Also wearing labels that are 'fake' is most certainly a bogan just been to bali thing. Private school(yuppies) wouldn't been seen dead in fake s**t. Especially yuppie girls.

Sort it out bogans.

Y'see, you just don't get it. No true Bogan would be caught dead in Bali. The true bogan reserves his holiday time for the boxing day test and the summernats.

To a traditional bogan, these are yuppie traits. No traditional bogan would piss on these types.

The people behind that blog have cobbled different social groups together with the noble bogans because they have run out of ideas. Lazy work.:thumbsdown:

This is a bogan:

bogan-big.jpg

These are w***ers:

img1866449c0d8d0a992c.jpg

Audis are your thinking mans car, the performance of a beamer of merc and a little cheaper. Have you driven an later model Audi TT? If I'm a yuppy for loving audis then, well I'm a yuppy.

Citroens, meh, they're French. German > Britain > French.

We know you like to pretend to be a yuppy but who knows how much of what you say is actually reality and how much of it exists only in your head. What we have worked out is that you live like a king in a third world country and look down on everybody else in that country... Says a lot about who you are.

We Sydneysiders look upon Melbourne as a charming country town, but is calling it a Third World Country a bit rich?

Sure they have little water, high urban crime and uncontrollable natural disasters like bush fires (as opposed to say floods in Third World Bangladesh), but surely you'd have to say Melbourne is a little better, maybe Second World like middle class Indian urban areas or Latvia?

We Sydneysiders look upon Melbourne as a charming country town, but is calling it a Third World Country a bit rich?

Sure they have little water, high urban crime and uncontrollable natural disasters like bush fires (as opposed to say floods in Third World Bangladesh), but surely you'd have to say Melbourne is a little better, maybe Second World like middle class Indian urban areas or Latvia?

I was thinking of that Eagle 87 guy.

They will quite happily spend the day wandering around an art gallery looking at s**t.

Meh, I'm no art fan but if someone wants to engage in culture more power to em.

They are scared to drink at a normal pub because that's where the lower classes congregate

Huh? Have you ever been to an inner city, or just any city pub after work on a Friday? Plenty of white collar types talking about how they smashed that latest business deal. The pub where they drink VB and talk about Royce Hart and do alot of other things I'm sure you can guess is looong gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam, stop walking up to people and taking pictures of their near-eaten meals while they're eating. It's stalking and very weird. Real reason why pubs don't serve four schnitzels to a plate is because they can't afford it. Oh noes, how dare a pub strive to be profitable. :rolleyes:

I want to know what "value for money" is in relation to food?

Originally Posted by Cap
I want to know what "value for money" is in relation to food?
Back in the day, you used to go to pubs and get massive meals. You'd order a schnitzel and it would hardly fit on your plate. You'd sit in a dingy pub and get a decent feed. Now, most pubs have gone all trenday and are trying to appeal to the yuppies. They realised that most yuppies don't want to sit in a dingy pub, so they renovated... You might not get much food, but at least you get to sit on new space age bar stools...

Instead of something like this:
2hxyhvn.jpg

You'll get something like this:
<deleted the image, but you get the idea>
Was a couple of scallops.

Please don't try and tell me you don't know what I'm talking about. There are very few pubs these days that still serve the big meals. My cousin pisses me off because she wont eat at my favourite pubs. She'll only eat where it's fasionable to eat... __________________

Cam, stop walking up to people and taking pictures of their near-eaten meals while they're eating. It's stalking and very weird. Real reason why pubs don't serve four schnitzels to a plate is because they can't afford it. Oh noes, how dare a pub strive to be profitable. :rolleyes:

They can't afford it because they spent all their money on s**t renovations to attract the yuppies. The dumb thing is that yuppies congregate in these places and happily get taken to the cleaners because it's the cool place to be. Plenty of pubs have gone down this path. I'd rather eat a giant schnitzel in a dark, dingy pub with a bartender who says, 'you drink beer or bourbon and coke or GTFO,' than sit in some bright w***er bar, eating two scallops for 25 dollars, whilst listening to trenday new electro crap.

Is that that same bogan who keeps polluting Kuta beach with cheap tinnies each year? Both types frequent Kuta.

That's the Tasmanian bloke who tried out for this:
0,,6346250,00.jpg

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2008/11/14/38131_tasmania-news.html
Bogan -- and proud of it!

DANIELLE McKAY
November 14, 2008 07:59am
WITH a cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth, Andrew "Wiggo" Wiggins said he was proud to be a bogan.
Dressed in black stonewash jeans and black Bonds singlet, the 47-year-old beer drinking petrol-head who loves AC/DC ticks all the boganism boxes.
And with the encouragement of workmates, "Wiggo" is going to audition for Australia's newest reality-TV show searching for the nation's biggest bogan.
"I tend to be larger than life and I'm not ashamed of being called a bogan, so I don't see that I've got anythin' to lose, sweetheart," he said.
He has tattoos covering his arms, many of which he has done himself, and a rat's tail hair-do that hangs to his shoulder blades.
He has the weather-beaten face of a man who has lived a hard life and admits he has many battle wounds, though time has wearied him and he tries to avoid fights these days.
Bogan.jpg

'He was happy to be called a bogan because he was who he was and anyone who did not like that "can go and get stuffed". '

Champion.

Thread fail.

Fake clothes? Ronald McDonald shoes? Tattoos?

I always thought a yuppie is someone who:

- Lives in Fitzroy or St Kilda
- Drives a smug car (possibly electric)
- Where those thick glasses framed glasses (possibly with no lenses)
- Hang out at "cool" unknown clubs or cafes until they become popular
- Often caught "jamming" out the front on their acoustic guitar.
- Where hats like this:
BO115260LG.gif

or this:
Jack1.jpg

If this isn't yuppies then what is? Is it kind of like "alternative's"? Because so far I've seen people describe them as metros, muzzas and bogans....

Thread fail.

Fake clothes? Ronald McDonald shoes? Tattoos?

I always thought a yuppie is someone who:

- Lives in Fitzroy or St Kilda
- Drives a smug car (possibly electric)
- Where those thick glasses framed glasses (possibly with no lenses)
- Hang out at "cool" unknown clubs or cafes until they become popular
- Often caught "jamming" out the front on their acoustic guitar.
- Where hats like this:
BO115260LG.gif

or this:
Jack1.jpg

If this isn't yuppies then what is? Is it kind of like "alternative's"? Because so far I've seen people describe them as metros, muzzas and bogans....

Whats a bogan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back