Autopsy This is going to be painful. The Dogs V Bombers debacle thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd seen enough after the '22 finals debacle v Freo to know Beveridge was cooked. Surely the club has seen enough now. 3 goals in a half v bombers. Wow.

And Tim English... I've never seen a so called A grade AFL ruckman avoid body contact as much as this guy. So soft in the contest. Time to go Tim. You're not worth the money and we need a few draft picks.

English cannot play next week after that gutless performance.

You can be beaten, sure, but that was insipid. He’s far too soft.

Give me any big battler on a third of his asking price. Heck, we might actually win a hit out and get an effort then (along with saving cash).

Complete lemon, make him another clubs problem.

Appalling all around really. Very few good performances.

The previous three weeks were high effort etc. You can hope it’s an aberration. If it’s not, it’ll be a long, long season.
It has the feeling of being a very long season. It's just hard to see where any meaningful improvement comes from Bont , Libba and Treloar can't do much more.
English well he is what he is and he isn't going to drastically change. We create enough opportunities but don't have the mental strength finish off our work.
Not sure how we manage to turn that around or if we even have the capacity to !!

i hope you don't mind the intrusion, but i just wanted to express a sincere hope that everything is okay with Libba. going down like that towards the end of a game is never good but he looked completely out of it. i have a deep respect for him as a player because he's tough as nails and constantly puts the team on his back, so i'm hoping that everything is alright.

i also think that if Sander's didn't get subbed off, it would've been a far closer game, felt like he was one of your best in the first half and really pressured a lot of our lazier players very well
It was nice to see Parish showing genuine concern and trying to help him. What was concerning was how slow our medical team were in responding. He should have been attended to immediately and taken off. Pure amateurism.

It was nice to see Parish showing genuine concern and trying to help him. What was concerning was how slow our medical team were in responding. He should have been attended to immediately and taken off. Pure amateurism.
He fell over and was back up in less than 5 seconds, and was away from the ball when it happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trainers positioning stood out for me aswell, surely a please explain from the AFL.
Was ridiculous, I went back to check if I was seeing things but nope. He was just standing in our forward 50, not seeing any Essendon player and only finally left after Goldstein took a mark and they had the ball

20240412_225614.jpg
20240412_225622.jpg
20240412_225636.jpg
20240412_225642.jpg
20240412_225647.jpg
20240412_225655.jpg

Is there any real reason to believe Bevo would be sacked this week? As opposed to any of the other ordinary losses of the last couple of years

I’m disappointed in myself for going to this game thinking things would be different
Exact same thing I was thinking as I headed out of the ground. I’m done for a while I think. That was as embarrassing a performance as I can remember in quite a while. Other than maybe Jamarra, I’m not sure who else actually played okay. Libba always tries hard and Treloar got plenty of the ball but other than that I can’t think of a single player who won their position.

The skill level on display was about as poor as can be remembered as well. Decision making just as bad. Lack of any form of structure or strategy is also very clear. I’m not sure what people on the Board of the club think of the direction this team is going in but if they were any sort of serious football followers (and not religious disciples of Bevo) they would have to see that some sort of major change is necessary. This isn’t something that is a knee jerk reaction, it’s been years of evidence. Some serious changes are needed or else get off the board and leave it to someone with some guts to make the hard decisions.

3 things.

Luke, you gave us a month we really thought we’d never see. Thank you. However it’s time, our defensive structure is so so poor, it just cannot continue as is.

So over to you Brendon Lade. There is no way English can play next week. If we are omitting Macrae and Daniel for the likes of VDM, Baker, Bramble etc., then Tim just cannot play in front of Lobb after that performance.

Darcy and JUH provide hope.
Come in peace as I was barracking for you lot tonight (can’t stand Bombers)
We had Lade for a while…he was hopeless ….not saying it’s all him but my take he ain’t much chop.
Not sure re Bevo but as an outsider….that list has way more in it….we’d kill to have a Daniels running round as depth in two’s.
Good luck rest season - starting after next week of course!

It has the feeling of being a very long season. It's just hard to see where any meaningful improvement comes from Bont , Libba and Treloar can't do much more.
English well he is what he is and he isn't going to drastically change. We create enough opportunities but don't have the mental strength finish off our work.
Not sure how we manage to turn that around or if we even have the capacity to !!
Look it’s a bad performance, but we were pretty good the previous three. Absolutely no one played particularly well tonight.

Even if it’s not a successful year I’d much rather we compete and develop kids well etc than implode.

Never seen a player so distraught at being subbed out as was Sanders tonight. Not sure it was disappointment, anger at himself or anger at the coaches. Feel for the kid. .Wasn't a good look
He got subbed out mid-way through the third IIRC. He only had 42% ToG and Dale who would have played most of the remaining time got 30%. So it sounds like he was only getting about 60% game time even before being subbed. And he was doing OK. Not brilliant but OK.

Can't blame him for being pissed off.

He might have also felt that by being dragged he was being made the fall guy for the implosion that was going on. No way is a 19yo novice to blame for what happened tonight but I can understand his frustration.

Look it’s a bad performance, but we were pretty good the previous three. Absolutely no one played particularly well tonight.

Even if it’s not a successful year I’d much rather we compete and develop kids well etc than implode.
So keep doing the same thing we've been doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back