Tiger King

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone actually know how Carole's dead husband was a millionaire?

How is anyone in this series? They must all be very well off to own the land that they do and construct the zoos. Even Joe who was doing things on the cheap still must have had some capital. In the Louis Theroux one I think he says he started with 240k that his parents put a lot in to. Still seems low.

I find it hard to believe he killed animals for no reason. There's no evidence. There is evidence of him not killing animals that he would have been within his right too.

I mean he's an awful person but the claims about how he truly felt about big cats are a bridge too far for mine.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Laughed hard at Joe being dragged by shoe by the tiger.

It was a little long and by the time I got around to it overhyped.

They're all assholes. Even if Carole didn't kill her husband, she's ******* over the volunteers.

It could've covered animal cruelty more but the staff at these places being broke losers... the series made it obvious how bad it all is.

Joe comes across pretty differently when Louis Theroux visited him a decade ago.

I dunno if he didn't shoot the tigers that attacked him or the one that bit Staf's arm off I find it hard to believe he'd kill a bunch for the hell of it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

In that Louis doco he himself said he would rather shoot all of his animals than see them go somewhere else.

His obsession with Carole is pretty funny though, in a dark sort of way. "You can guran-god-damn-tee Ima put a cap in ya ass" lol.

He totally burned down that studio though. The ol' out of town while arson happened excuse.

There's an excellent chance Carole did have her husband killed.

Jeff doing the Hulk Hogan method of always covering up his baldness with a bandanna. If you are that wealthy, why not just have a hair transplant instead if you are that insecure?

And Doc Antle would be the head of a religious sex cult if he didn't have his tiger cult.

They all already shoot horses and cows to feed their tigers. I have no doubt they do the same with the big cats once their $ making ability is lost.

Last edited:
Jeff is more dangerous than Joe. Joe is such an obvious dickhead you'd have to be near the bottom already to get pulled in, that's how he got his staff. Sort of why he never got further than a small town. Jeff has real conman skills, he'd get to the top of a less showy business and have the money gone before people noticed anything.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually know how Carole's dead husband was a millionaire?
Good question as they were very vague on it in the show. Just said he made good investments and was good with money. However, we could see from the writing of his that they showed that he was barely literate and could hardly spell.

Lots of "mysterious" trips to and from Costa Rica. Makes you wonder!

And Doc Antle would be the head of a religious sex cult if he didn't have his tiger cult.

Doc spoke about a lot of what he said were inaccuracies regarding him, his staff, his supposed harem and the final slide about raids in the podcast In the link I posted below

A different perspective...

That extra episode that got released is nothing groundbreaking but wow, without Joe around everyone seems to not hold back on him. I’m tipping those with some sympathy for him may have lost it now after seeing that.

No surprise that Carole was not involved in the follow up either. I’m sure she was happy to jump on board the anti-Joe movement but doubt she was expecting to be painted as poorly as she was in the final production as well.

Nah, the show gave a full episode to it which featured not much Joe.
And that episode featured people with their own axe to grind. There are very much two sides to this story, the doco gave us one, google gives you the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeff Lowe claiming he has videos of Joe having sex with animals.

File under 'pics or it didn't happen'.

Yeah ok Jeff, it seems like the kind of documentary where that might have been worthy of a mention amongst everything else.
If true I'm pretty sure he'll sell the tapes off to some dodgy news organisation soon enough.