Restricted Free Agent Tim English [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't want him.
What good would it do having an elite ruck that can't win games supported by the likes of Bont, Treloar, MacRea, Libba?
I wasnt too keen for us to pay huge dollars for a ruck, but we must have so much cash now, who to spend it on? I would love Gulden from the Swans but that seems very slim chance. Front load the crap out of the contract for Timmy, and it won't affect our chance at getting other players.

I just don't see how dogs manage to keep english. Bont is on massive coin, naughton is on massive coin, juh is going to be the highest paid player in the league...they won't be getting English to agree to a cheaper deal during FA

I just don't see how dogs manage to keep english. Bont is on massive coin, naughton is on massive coin, juh is going to be the highest paid player in the league...they won't be getting English to agree to a cheaper deal during FA

Because your team will be the ones paying JUH.

Can see English and Smith leaving then we should have enough money for JUH

Most of us don't want to keep English and are praying the list manager sees it the same way

Someone take him so we can be done with this experiment of a ''tall midfielder who wishes he was a ruck but can't ruck''

Might actually be able to find and play a ruck who doesn't shirk contests.

Not worth the money his asking, by any stretch of the imagination.

I’m happy for him to go. He’s still a valuable player but an extra $1 million in cap space + mid first rounder + freeing up Darcy to be ruck is too much incentive to lock away that much cash on a dubious positive impact player.

We would then need to target a stop gap mature ruckman to have on the list but 4-5 of these types get moved every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Jamarra signing he has to be gone to West Coast right? They wouldn’t have enough cap space ? Unless they retire McRae and Johannisen maybe?

Both those names are back up level at best in a decent side.
Flynn is quality in the very brief moments he manages to get on the paddock. That's a real problem for him.

i don’t think eagles chase him tbh

They went after and got Flynn and have Williams

Spending big on English and demoting one of those 2 not the best use of cap space imo

At the moment they are spending their cap space to play aging unfit veterans who play part time. They will have heaps of cap space opening up - and suggest that where they are currently their MO would be to attract good AFL players to the club.

English is a good AFL player, he's available, he's effectively free and he's from WA.

At the moment they are spending their cap space to play aging unfit veterans who play part time. They will have heaps of cap space opening up - and suggest that where they are currently their MO would be to attract good AFL players to the club.

English is a good AFL player, he's available, he's effectively free and he's from WA.
Him Warner McDonald all must be very high on the list of WA boys they will target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back