Summer Tokyo 2021 Day 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nervous about Titmus. Heat looked harder than her time suggested.

Bullish about Mckeon. Think she goes top 2 - did what she needed to in the Semi.

Day 2 was a pretty good day for our team events with the Boomers opening up with a (sloppy) win, and both hockey teams getting comfortable wins. Swimmers were a mixed bag but that 4x1 gold and WR was sensational.

Day 3 highlights include:

* Women’s 400m freestyle final, Ledecky vs Titmus, the one we’ve all been waiting for.
* Men’s 4x100m freestyle relay, can Chalmers anchor us to a medal?
* Hockeyroos vs China
* Men’s BMX cross country; can cycling superstar van der Poel win?
* Women’s water polo Australia vs Netherlands.

Plus all the awesome volleyball and much, much more! Bring it on!

Mountain biking, not BMX. The course is top notch, maybe the most technically demanding XC course any of the racers have faced. The event I am most interested in over the whole Olympics. MVDP would be favourite. My money would have been on Pidcock, but he was hit by a car several months ago and coming back from a broken collarbone. Flueckiger could cause an upset due to his better technical skills that are suited to this course. Can't pick between the 3. Schurter the GOAT, but like Federer he is a bit past it. But I wouldn't count him out. Avancini is a wildcard, been AWOL training in Brazil instead of racing with the others, so there is no formline and hot/humid won't phase him. The Aussie has no hope, but his wife is racing tomorrow and has a chance at bronze. She has good results of of late, has the skills to handle the course, and with a bit of luck could medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't been a great start to the day for Australia. Triathlon, Surfing, Skateboarding, Archery, Rugby 7's, 9th places in Swimming semis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back