Toast Tom Barrass

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Toasting of Barrass game. Had a lot of negatives this season. But sometimes you got to raise a toast when it's due especially since we haven't had many players this season's with exceptional games. Although this one was exactly that. A best on ground performance from Barrass I've never heard of a defender let alone a key position defender get 30 touches and career high 18 marks. Lot of them contested too. I've been critical of him sometimes as he has this casual look about him at times but this is the Barrass we know. What a game from the lad. Hope to see more of this from him to finish the season. Good to see his back to his best. A shining positive for us the last two weeks.

As good as his intercept game was, it was his shut out of Mitch Lewis that was equally as impressive. Lewis has been in great form this year so to keep him goal-less was a great feat.

Last edited:
Lewis might not be in the elite forward household name category yet but he’s averaged 3.0 goals per game coming into this one, second best in the league on that front.

A big day for TB. Don’t understand people who are low on him - he was breaking himself in half earlier in the season to stop 10 goal losses turning into history book stuff basically on his own. Should feature prominently in our B+F.

He’s exceptionally good and another that I’ve always felt if they played in Victoria would have a massive league wide reputation.

Mark and kick counts are inflated because of the chipping back and forth, but he was great and is still pretty underrated. If we had a pure lockdown KPD he would go even better. I’ve always thought he was able to fill McGovern’s role fairly well, he just needs someone like Emac alongside him rather than Edwards.

Lewis might not be in the elite forward household name category yet but he’s averaged 3.0 goals per game coming into this one, second best in the league on that front.

A big day for TB. Don’t understand people who are low on him - he was breaking himself in half earlier in the season to stop 10 goal losses turning into history book stuff basically on his own. Should feature prominently in our B+F.

He’s exceptionally good and another that I’ve always felt if they played in Victoria would have a massive league wide reputation.

He was fantastic.

I get down on him when he concedes 5m on his direct opponent for no reason and ends up looking stupid. Doubly so when said opponent is taller (2m Peter), when he knows how to play on taller opponents. I feel like a coach pulled him aaside at half time to ask him why he was being so dumb, because he tightened up massively after half time.

Harsh maybe, but there you go.

But he was BOG by a mile vs Hawthorn. Was an unbelievable performance.

Provided Tom stays close to his direct opponent, he is generally excellent

Its when he is trailing 5-10 meters behind his man and tries to body spoil at the last possible second that gets him into trouble

There were posters on here who genuinely wanted to move him and Gov on.
One in particular was going really hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back