Prediction Tom Barrass for All-Australian 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Late season form wasn’t good enough for the team, despite how amazing that form was.

I was stoked he made the squad but I did think he’d be lucky to make the team given his form early season
His form for the first half of the season was okay same as any fullback in the league....but his 2nd half was just sensational so many intercept marks with a team getting pumped week in week out ....he was dominating opponents

its wrong

Beaten out of the side by brayden ******* maynard....... I guess Barrass will just have to enjoy his Premiership Medal and future Club Captaincy.

Also WTF is Hawkins Captain instead of Cripps, Gawn or Miller.

The second thing has pissed me off for a couple of years. If you aren't even your club captain you can't be AA captain. Hawkins like the Buddy year isn't even apart of his clubs own leadership group. It means he's not in the supposed top 3 leaders within his own club yet he is the AA captain.

Coleman medallist in the Forward pocket instead of at FF.

Charlie Cameron not even making the team. More goals, marks and goal assists than Stengle.

Petracca listed at HFF instead of on the bench in the position Heeney should be on the field.

Fritsch not making the side at all over stengle. He might be a marking forward but he's a small forward who kicked more goals than cameron or stengle and with more goal assists.

Someone also tell me how the * Callum Mills is in the side at HB. Let's just shove another midfielder in the side, not even one who deserves to be in the side in the team instead of someone genuinely playing HB most of the season. Making the side instead of Sicily, Dawson or Luke Ryan.

Brayden Maynard in the AA team, it plumbs new lows.

Agree with what you’ve posted and the overall sentiment but Mills was named on the wing, not half back

Not Barrass related, by wtf is this Tom Hawkins as AA captain s**t?

Not Barrass related, by wtf is this Tom Hawkins as AA captain s**t?

Apparently it's a legacy Captaincy and the AFL do it really well these days honouring our older players 🙄

Cringe. Wonder how the rest of the team feels, particularly club captains in the AA side. Its pretty embarrassing. I hope someone like Schoey calls it out.

Barrass robbed along with Sicily and Lynch to a degree.
But, the most robbed was Laird. Absolute joke.
Said on the main board he is now likely to do a Priddis and win Brownlow.

TB has had a good year this year and is on the radar (the first step to being picked). His challenge is to back it up next year and he should be selected

To be honest Tom’s start to the year was ok at best and it was far from being spectacular.
He certainly finished the year in outstanding form, probably career best form.
He thoroughly deserved his place in the squad, but players are better placed to get the final nod of selection if:

They have a consistently good year.
Play in a successful team.

Unfortunate TB can’t tick either of these boxes.

It’s a Political wanky award that’s always marred by players getting a gig, by being named in a position that they don’t really play in.
How many times have we seen the top echelon midfield players pinching a spot on the half forward flank and the wing spots being given to another inside mid.

No better example of the selectors being at sixes and sevens with some of their selections was Hawkins being named Captain…. My first though was WTF.

Another was Stewart getting in the side after having been injured or suspended, for what seemed like a third of the season.

This is no different from all things AFL, it is very Victoria centric .

Tom Stewart getting into despite missing five games is a bit bullshit. Good player, good season... But if you only play 17 (16 really as was subbed off early in one of them) you've got to have an absolute blinder of a season and I don't think he falls into that category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad TB made the squad thoroughly deserved, but unsurprised he didnt make it.

Was immense in the second half of the season and I believe easily the best key defender in the league.

However his first half of the season was very average. I can remember more than once coming on here and reading about some of his efforts (or lack of, though would of been hard with the rubbish around

I say get on him for 2023 AA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back