Banter RDT CLXXXV - Where’d all the hipsters go and can they stay there

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil going the scramble

Backed up by Michael Genovese who was the person Basil was actually having the conversation with

The tape in the tweet doesn’t provide the beginning of the conversation but even still it’s clear they were talking about reading the weekend news and being second fiddle (the reserves) to a major sporting event

Basil is a total dick but he’s been hung out to dry here. The pile on is ridiculous

Backed up by Michael Genovese who was the person Basil was actually having the conversation with

The tape in the tweet doesn’t provide the beginning of the conversation but even still it’s clear they were talking about reading the weekend news and being second fiddle (the reserves) to a major sporting event

Basil is a total dick but he’s been hung out to dry here. The pile on is ridiculous

Considering the fellating he's going to get over the next few years from Kerry Stokes media empire (and is already getting), I struggle to give a s**t tbh.

Sorry but that’s absolute horseshit.

That’s not how you phrase a comment about the news being second fiddle to sport.

He’s been caught out and made up a story to save face and Genovese is backing him up.

Sorry but that’s absolute horseshit.

That’s not how you phrase a comment about the news being second fiddle to sport.

He’s been caught out and made up a story to save face and Genovese is backing him up.

Full version

They were clearly having a conversation about reading the news

I don’t like Basil at all and aren’t fond of defending him but you join the pile on if you want

Full version

I don’t like Basil at all and aren’t fond of defending him but you join the pile on if you want

I still don’t buy it.

My reading of that is he was still referring to the women’s game as “like a reserves game” and thus easier to go head to head against as opposed to a men’s game.

Ignoring what he said here, I cant see Basil being that successful in politics. He's just not a likeable guy.
Recent history would suggest being likeable isn't necessarily a prerequisite for political success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The self proclaimed greatest democracy in the world with a population of 335 million is in course to be given a choice between an abhorrent conman or a walking corpse to lead their country

Or at least be the face for their corporate donors

Full version

Yeah look just coz he isn't guilty of what people are trying to get him fired for doesn't mean they should stop trying to get him fired.

The extended footage doesn't do him any favours at all.

Fact that it was an overarching discussion was about the news going head to head against a women's final doesn't diminish the fact that he referred to women's match as a reserves game.

It's a disparaging thing to say, and his reaction to being told that he was micced up gave himself away completely.

Couple of blokes being blokes.

The extended footage doesn't do him any favours at all.

Fact that it was an overarching discussion was about the news going head to head against a women's final doesn't diminish the fact that he referred to women's match as a reserves game.

It's a disparaging thing to say, and his reaction to being told that he was micced up gave himself away completely.

Couple of blokes being blokes.

"You're hosting to tonight? Head to head with (some other news reader)? It's like a derby. Oh the tennis is on. It's a reserves game then. Saying that having been there obviously."

I'd love to see Basil tarred, feathered then shot out of a cannon into the sun but unfortunately not this time.

I'm doing an Albo on this one. Changing my position based on the current circumstances. Basil was not referring to women's tennis as reserve grade, he was referring to the news report as reserve grade, because everyone will be watching the tennis final (womens).

Facts matter. Nuance matters. Context matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back