Banter RDT CVXXXI - BigTank

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After incorrectly guessing that the iPad and Apple Watch would fail, I am not willing to guess whether this will take off.

If it does however then it will destroy the market for TVs

I was skeptical when I heard of this until I saw the Xbox clip. You can already take your life with you through your phone. Imagine being able to take your TV with you as well. It also potentially reduces the need for living space.

My parents used to tell me not to watch too much TV. Now I tell my kids to get off their devices and go watch some TV.

There's a big difference though. My kids aren't allowed streaming Monday to Thursday, but they can watch as much ABC Me/Kids through the TV as they like. The idea is they will always find something they like to watch on streaming and sit there like zombies, but on TV if it's something they don't like they turn it off and actually do something.

On a related note regarding whinging about kids, why is it such a punishment to put a jumper on? It's *en cold, why do you not want to be warm and comfortable? Just put the *en jacket on for *s sake.

Soz

Why would I put a jumper on if I'm not cold?

Because there's a temperature difference between inside and outside. And though you're warm now whilst you're inside, when we leave to go out you're going to be cold, so just put your *en jacket on we're leaving in 5 and don't forget your water bottle.

If some campaigner knocked off the cover on my side door mirror but didn’t damage the mirror assembly itself, how would I go about getting a replacement cover without needing to go through a mechanic, or worse, a Mazda dealer?

I’ve looked online for wreckers and even eBay etc but there’s * alll, or it’ll take months to arrive.

Is there a good way to just order new car parts/panels online? Obviously it’s easy to buy filters/spark plugs etc, but basic plastic exterior bits and pieces seem much harder to come by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If some campaigner knocked off the cover on my side door mirror but didn’t damage the mirror assembly itself, how would I go about getting a replacement cover without needing to go through a mechanic, or worse, a Mazda dealer?

I’ve looked online for wreckers and even eBay etc but there’s * alll, or it’ll take months to arrive.

Is there a good way to just order new car parts/panels online? Obviously it’s easy to buy filters/spark plugs etc, but basic plastic exterior bits and pieces seem much harder to come by.

Wreckers 100%. I'd be surprised if you could order online from one really, they're usually not tech minded people, just call them up instead.

I ordered a pair of headrests from wholesalecarparts.com.au a couple months back. Have a search there.

There's a big difference though. My kids aren't allowed streaming Monday to Thursday, but they can watch as much ABC Me/Kids through the TV as they like. The idea is they will always find something they like to watch on streaming and sit there like zombies, but on TV if it's something they don't like they turn it off and actually do something.

On a related note regarding whinging about kids, why is it such a punishment to put a jumper on? It's *en cold, why do you not want to be warm and comfortable? Just put the *en jacket on for *s sake.

Soz

Bought the young bloke a new rain jacket and wellies for the upcoming trip down South. Caught him trying to pack the jacket into his school bag today because he loves it so much. Has also been stomping around in the boots for the past 3 days.

Jesus.

Yesterday was torrential. A lot of water walking. Hail the size of 5c pieces. Coldest wind I've ever felt.

Made it to the first beach of the walk, about halfway in the day, and just couldn't do it anymore. Stripped down and got into my warm clothes and slept in the toilet block.

Then go to cook dinner and there's a hole in the bag so everything, including the matches, are soaked. So no food. Snacks all gone.

Thought the roof was going to blow off. Crazy night.

Luckily this morning as I was hiking to the highway to get to town I come across a French bird who's slept in her car. She drove me into town. Alls well that ends well.

Now to check in early and get these damn things dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back