New co-captains announced for 2024: Allen & Duggan

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind it really.
Probably the 2 most obvious and popular choices.
Have Oallen in the forward line and Duggo Defence/Midfield so cover the whole ground.
Spread the load off-field as well.

Congrats to you both and good luck getting this team back on track to compete where we are meant to be.

Yeah I'm ok with this!

Think there were two certain hurdles for mine which were:

A) Oscar was always going to be captain, just a matter of whether going too early would put pressure on him before he peaks as a player

B) Duggan always had the leadership and probably deserved to be a captain on effort alone but isn't imposing enough on-field to be an inspirational sole choice.

This call hopefully balances out both those issues - not the full load for Allen and the extra responsibility Duggan had earnt/will possibly flourish with.

No other solo options were any more viable - think this is a good call.

It’s fine - the role is overrated in footy anyway, and if there’s no obvious standout why not spread the load

Don't particularly care about the decision, captains have less influence in the AFL than say in cricket or soccer and it makes sense to ease Oscar into it like we did with Ben Cousins.

I just want random260 to dislike this post.

Yeah I'm ok with this!

Think there were two certain hurdles for mine which were:

A) Oscar was always going to be captain, just a matter of whether going too early would put pressure on him before he peaks as a player

B) Duggan always had the leadership and probably deserved to be a captain on effort alone but isn't imposing enough on-field to be an inspirational sole choice.

This call hopefully balances out both those issues - not the full load for Allen and the extra responsibility Duggan had earnt/will possibly flourish with.

No other solo options were any more viable - think this is a good call.

I think also with the AFL really being an extended VFL and captains commitments often being on the other side of the country it allows us to spread that load a little.

It doesn’t always have to be the same guy trekking across the country for a Tuesday photo shoot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doubles our chances of having our captain out on the ground at least.

I don't mind it tbh. Reflects a seeming rising tide of buy-in across the group. Less me/I and more team/us. I think this can only be a good thing
Heh heh nice little drive by on the previous incumbent.

I guess I'm okay with this. Put it this way I was definitely against Duggan being solo captain, that would've been a Richie Vandenberg level choice.

Doubles our chances of having our captain out on the ground at least.

I don't mind it tbh. Reflects a seeming rising tide of buy-in across the group. Less me/I and more team/us. I think this can only be a good thing
If you multiply 2 with 0, you'd still get zero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens with the toss? Does the VC act as a tiebreaker if they can't agree on which end to kick to? I hope the club doesn't go into the new season with this unresolved, could be disastrous if our captains are punching on in the centre circle before a big game. Hard to see Harley staying if that were to happen.

Not really a fan but the club is a dumpster fire at the minute so its probably good to avoid that load falling on one new captain. You'd think this is a way of giving Oscar a nice lead into the main role in a couple of years.

Hate co captains , I’m guessing they couldn’t split them in a player vote so if that’s the case will see what happens, looks like old thumper will be looking for a new coast to coast partner😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back