Tom Boyd retires

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth out of todays presser (only gonna watch in full when I get home from work tonight), it makes a mockery of rumours said on here that Bevo & Boyd didn't seem eye to eye & their personal clashes are why he didn't play as much. He fully knew what was going on, but those types of rumours are what make up part of what has led to Boyd stepping away from the game.

I don't know who posted about them, not gonna trawl back to find them again, but if you read this & know you were one of those people, go * yourself. I have a good idea of who one was, but I don't really like that poster anyway

For what it's worth out of todays presser (only gonna watch in full when I get home from work tonight), it makes a mockery of rumours said on here that Bevo & Boyd didn't seem eye to eye. He fully knew what was going on, but those types of rumours are what make up part of what has led to Boyd stepping away from the game.

I don't know who posted about them, not gonna trawl back to find them again, but if you read this & know you were one of those people, go **** yourself. I have a good idea of who one was, but I don't really like that poster anyway
I got hounded for calling a poster out for that. Apparently you can make those calls but cant be criticised for them.

If you want to retain your sanity don't bother listening to Barrett on Dribble M.

Basically, he said it was sad that Bevo uses Boyd as an excuse for his (Bevo's) hatred of him (flog).

Um, flog, a large part of the reason Bevo hates you is BECAUSE of your treatment of Boyd.

You geddit yet, thick****?

After seeing that clip on 360 last night with Tom saying going to school was more enjoyable than football at that time shows he's had alot of pressure put on him from a young age.

It wouldn't have surprised me if after winning the premiership he had said he was done with footy.

I hope you can conquer your "demons" and come through a better man for it 9if you know what I mean).

For now I wish you a speedy recovery and a bright future in what ever you decide to do.

If you want to retain your sanity don't bother listening to Barrett on Dribble M.

Basically, he said it was sad that Bevo uses Boyd as an excuse for his (Bevo's) hatred of him (flog).

Um, flog, a large part of the reason Bevo hates you is BECAUSE of your treatment of Boyd.

You geddit yet, thick****?
Who? I know everyone cept that dark angel that starts with,B. And it's not Bevo.

Integrity. Bevo reeks of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Enough people, over a hundred players a year finish up EVERY YEAR this is Tom's choice pure and simple.
Wish him well for the future and celebrate his input to our second flag, but stay classy or you are no
better.

I don’t think it was only Stringer either. Apparently we are playing against the other offender on Saturday.
Stringer - WOG in the grand final and a waste of pick 5. This guy was a true burden on the club
Dahlhaus - That would surprise me. When he was content, he seemed to be genuinely grateful that we gave him a chance and to be on an AFL list. Seems like a 180 to s**t on another player. If it is indeed the case, hope he has a career ending injury.

After seeing that clip on 360 last night with Tom saying going to school was more enjoyable than football at that time shows he's had alot of pressure put on him from a young age.

It wouldn't have surprised me if after winning the premiership he had said he was done with footy.

I hope you can conquer your "demons" and come through a better man for it 9if you know what I mean).

For now I wish you a speedy recovery and a bright future in what ever you decide to do.
It's a constant and long road.
This guy won us something we'd never though we'd see.
And there's couple of guys that were also in that team that didn't have to fight demons on top of it all.
Who is the strongest? The most compassionate? The one that knows how the world operates behind being a star footballer?
I know who I'd bloody want on my side.
Tougher than those pretenders any day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Recall the absolute worst day of your life, when you think that you couldn't go any lower and even contemplate finishing it all. That's most days for those who suffer from depression. Just getting up is a triumph of will. Tom not only played in a Grand Final but starred. God bless you, Tom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recall the absolute worst day of your life, when you think that you couldn't go any lower and even contemplate finishing it all. That's most days for those who suffer from depression. Just getting up is a triumph of will. Tom not only played in a Grand Final but starred. God bless you, Tom.

100 per cent. It was the constant attacks on Tommy that really angered me even after he opened up about his mental health.

It was flat out bullying.

Anyway, Bevo summed it up.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
Sounds familiar!
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/liam-picken-retires.1214955/post-60137729

Theodore Roosevelt
Too bad that wont fit into a sig :)

Pardon the intrusion. I rarely post on other club's boards but just wanted to acknowledge Tom's career and the impact he had for your club.

Also, how feckin good is Bevo. I loved him outing DB for the gutter rat he is

Good luck Tom. Some things are more important than footy

Can’t be too hard on him for it and in a year where Bevo has come under fire it’s awesome to get a reminder of how much he cares about the players.

Honestly I think this smouldering feud with Barrett doesn’t do us any favours though. Bevo is right but he’s said his piece plenty of times and Barrett is no doubt sharpening the knives for his next crack at Bevo as soon as we’re crap again.
So let's never ever be crap again in Barrett's lifetime!

i think the most disappointing thing is that we were told tom was a KPF. we were expecting him to be kicking 40+ goals a season. but he moves like a ruck and plays like one. so bevo played him as a ruck/forward.

i think the expectations would have been lower if we were told he was going to be majority ruck.

i think the most disappointing thing is that we were told tom was a KPF. we were expecting him to be kicking 40+ goals a season. but he moves like a ruck and plays like one. so bevo played him as a ruck/forward.

i think the expectations would have been lower if we were told he was going to be majority ruck.
I think the most disappointing thing is that a 23 year old has retired with mental health issues.

Honestly I think the club expected him to be a key forward. He certainly played there in 2015 and started well.

The emphasis on pressure etc shifted the goalposts and he needed a second string.

He was a solid ruck but I think third man up made it tough for him and for Rough as shorter ruckmen.m so he didn’t really star there either.

All’s well that ends well. We got our flag and aren’t stuck with a huge fee for a dude who isn’t playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back