Tool - FEAR INOCULUM

Remove this Banner Ad

This is actually pretty funny. The CD has found its way into the hands of someone who apparently doesn't know what to do with CDs.

7empest is intense. Album is amazing after one listen. It's going to take a lot of time and listens to digest, though.

The notion of Fear Inoculum surpassing any of their other albums would appear unlikely to me. Glad that fans are enjoying the leak though after the long wait.

Last edited:
It’s really, really good. Monsterously good. More than lives up to the hype so far.

Too early to really talk about rankings but it’s going to be right up there.

The mix is fantastic as well. Each instrument really has space to breathe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The original leak was lossless ALAC. I would guess there are all sorts of versions out there now. It should be pretty easy to find by this point if you cruise the high seas, so to speak.

Someone made a video about how the leak occurred:

It's solid for the first 3 tracks and then it gets a bit repetitive and patchy from there.

I'm actually really starting to enjoy the title track a lot so maybe the other tracks will grow as well.

The production is great and Maynards vocals are really good.

Gave in and listened. My version was a bit scratchy/jumpy. But enough to give a verdict and ready for later tonight when it drops officially.

Pneuma very similar to Fear Inoculum in its build etc. At the 9 minute mark I realised I was smiling.

Descending and Invisible are brilliant.

Culling Voices better than I thought it would be based off reviews.

May never listen to Chocolate Chip again. Honestly a waste of data.

7empest is AMAZING.

If you like tool you will like this album.

Gave in and listened. My version was a bit scratchy/jumpy. But enough to give a verdict and ready for later tonight when it drops officially.

Pneuma very similar to Fear Inoculum in its build etc. At the 9 minute mark I realised I was smiling.

Descending and Invisible are brilliant.

Culling Voices better than I thought it would be based off reviews.

May never listen to Chocolate Chip again. Honestly a waste of data.

7empest is AMAZING.

If you like tool you will like this album.

I felt the same about chocolate chip trip. Killed the momentum of the album as I listened in one sitting.

CCT is one I’m not sure what to think of. It might sit better once the other segues are incorporated (40 minutes to go). I appreciate Danny’s work on it, but I struggle to properly enjoy it because I know 7empest is coming next and 7empest is spectacular.

I think this will end up my second favourite after Lateralus but we’ll see again in a month. It took years before I fully appreciated 10k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back