Media Top 10 - Most Overrated Posters

Remove this Banner Ad

#7 - Gibbsy

Constantly hear about what a great poster this guy is. I think the word IS might be used incorrectly here. I have seen NOTHING to suggest anything like this.

He might have been a couple of seasons back but one swallow does not make a summer. The Wonders heralded him as a great recruit. Really? Obviously says a fair bit about where they are currently at.

I do hope that I do get to one day see what all the fuss was about but this guy was non existent last season and for some reason is still spoken of in glowing terms by nearly all here. Time for a reality check.

Really intrigued to see how high on this list Leo has the balls to put his captain...

Really.

I think the majority of the league would agree Wise Guy Sam would be head and shoulders above almost anyone in the quality stakes.

Without sounding to much like beez ive felt pretty overrated for a while now. Reports have suggested their is even an underground cult dedicated to me.

Keep up the love though, i dont even need to come up with jokes any more. :)

#7 - Gibbsy

Constantly hear about what a great poster this guy is. I think the word IS might be used incorrectly here. I have seen NOTHING to suggest anything like this.

He might have been a couple of seasons back but one swallow does not make a summer. The Wonders heralded him as a great recruit. Really? Obviously says a fair bit about where they are currently at.

I do hope that I do get to one day see what all the fuss was about but this guy was non existent last season and for some reason is still spoken of in glowing terms by nearly all here. Time for a reality check.

The only reality check here is the fact that you've become the most overrated poster in the league and you're just trying to pass it off onto to players of a certain team.

Well done, I'm loving your work. Keep digging.

Really.

I think the majority of the league would agree Wise Guy Sam would be head and shoulders above almost anyone in the quality stakes.

I think it's easier to follow the horde.

He has a quality that is hard to deny. But "head and shoulders above almost anybody"? We already have our first pre-requisite for overratedness.

Ive been in this league for about a year now and WGS for mine has never surpassed the first couple of times I noticed him.

At his best he was De Niro in Taxi Driver. At the moment he is De Niro in Meet The Parents. If y'all keep coddling him, we're entering Rocky and Bullwinkle territory.

For the sake of Wise Guy Sam, he needs to be underrated and it needs to be by someone other than his boom recruit and by a bloke that already knocked his fluffy opinion piece cold dead by naming himself.

I fear for him because he is adorable and I want to line up next to him one day the champion we know him to be able to muster, not an ego stroked back from the dead Carlos Estevez.

I never understand anything WGS says so I'm not sure how to rate him.

Itsmyshow please bring back the "announcement" threads, they were so much better than any ranking thread..

Itsmyshow please bring back the "announcement" threads, they were so much better than any ranking thread..

Announcement threads are overrated. In fact, my top 4 Over-Rated thread types would have to be

#4 Rankings threads
#3 Announcement threads
#2 Wonders match threads
#1 Wonders team threads

#10 - "I will tell these posters how to improve in a desperate attempt to disguise my potshots as constructive criticism."

"I will forget and just take extra potshots."

"I will flog around for a bit and then baselessly accuse Ashton Agar of being an alias again."

#9 - serious delusions of grandeur relevancy here, no one has rated you since two days after the EKA was awarded. It is thus impossible for you to be overrated.

#8 - PVF was more active and involved two seasons ago, he didn't need to wait to get the captaincy, he needed to be promoted earlier.

#7 - Gibbsyspin was one of the most respected posters in the league for 3-4 seasons. He disappeared early on last season and thus everyone stopped rating him.

You're endearing yourself in all manner of ways, Uncle_Leo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went out for a meal Saturday night. The chick working there kept coming over, every 2 minutes, asking if we needed drinks and if our meals were ok

Seriously, that table was over-waited

You're endearing yourself in all manner of ways, Uncle_Leo

Sorry didn't realise that's what I was here to do

So two days after the EKA no one rated me?

Shame it wasn't two days before. What a coincidence.

I'm suggesting that it isn't rated at all.

If I wanted an example of over-rated I would go with Corona.

To say that VB isn't rated is rubbish. It's rated by many people and 18 year olds.

You are correct on the over rating of Corona...

It also used to be Crownies.

To say that VB isn't rated is rubbish. It's rated by many people and 18 year olds.

You are correct on the over rating of Corona...

It also used to be Crownies.

Fair enough re: VB. I work part-time at a liquor store, and VB definitely has a niche market (as opposed to being popular) IMO. Although that can be attributed to the fact it is WA.

Carlton Dry is headed that way in my opinion. It's nowhere near the best low-carb beer out there, let alone all beer.

People rate me in the same way they rate Victoria Bitter. I was good once

Kinda like you thought your first root was the best thing ever because you'd never had anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back