Top five most important players

Who are your top five most important Dees?

• Hogan

Votes: 52 91.2%
  • Petracca

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Oliver

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Brayshaw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gawn

Votes: 55 96.5%
  • Viney

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Hunt

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Watts

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Weid

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • T Mac

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Salem

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Tyson

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Jones

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Kent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
In no order

Hogan - obviously will be our leading goalkicker for years to come
Petracca - the ceiling is high. Too scared to find out how high if he was somewhere else
Gawn - guys like him don't grow on trees
Viney - heart and soul of the club
Watts - like Viney, but with baggage

I also didn't include Jones because it's a given he's going nowhere.
Luckily he has grown like a tree

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hogan - Key forwards like him are ridiculously rare
Hunt - That sort of speed with footballing talent is incredible rare... and wins Norm Smith medals
Gawn - There's only one "best ruck in the comp"
Viney - Already a gun and future captain with <100 games
Petracca - could be anything

MattJones69

Rookie
Oct 5, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
1.Nathan Jones has to be number 1, he's no longer our most valuable asset but him leaving would be Mcdonald × 1000000000
2. Max Gawn, his ability to help win clearances is the number reason for us scoring more this season, guys who are as mobile as him at his height are rare as hens teeth
3. Jesse Hogan, despite me saying we could win a flag without him it's clear we would never be able to replace him. I don't think he's the savour but then I hadn't seen a key forward turn a GF as much as Boyd did in a long time.. maybe the keys are making a comeback
4. Tom Mcdonald, again he's not the savour but he is our best full back and our defence would struggle without his athleticism .. still a chance he could do a rance and learn to kick but he's at least a bloody good 1 on 1 player
5. Jack Viney, the future captain and the next guy to drive standards in the club for 10 years. Not our best young midfielder but potentially the most important

None of this doesn't mean I don't value Trac/Oliver/Bray/Kent/Watts/Hunt but this is as of Oct 2016
Let's hope by the same time next year one of the above is an AA who we also can't afford to lose

VanDemonxx

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
You are all mad

Gawn is our most important, but Jones is a very close 2nd.

Followed by Viney, T.Mac, Watts

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll put the argument forward for Jetta:-

1) We have zero depth in that position
2) He negates small forwards so efficiently its not funny. Teams with really good small forwards rely on them heavily (i.e. adelaide) and shutting them down is the quickest way to be competitive on the scoreboard.
3) He's versatile enough to take 2nd talls in a pinch. The number of times our "diamond defence" has broken down leaving him 1 out with a bigger man and he gets the ball to ground is remarkable for a guy his size. Only against the number 1 forward has be suffered (rightly so).
4) Whilst he may not have much further to grow as a player, he is probably the most consistent in output. I'll take excellence 23 rounds a year over miracles 10 times a year in his position.

Premierships are built on guys like Jetta.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I've taken "most important" in the context for having a future flag tilit.

TMac has elite attributes but there are others who I'd rather in his position, e.g. Rance, Hurley, McGovern. Realistically we wouldn't put him up for trade but we'd get by in a like for like trade if it happened.

Gawn - AA and young. Hard to think why you'd even trade to Goldstein.

Hogan - Jesse Hogan. Just signed two more years, Jesse Hogan. Yep, him.

Viney - Future captain. Arguably hardest player in the comp behind Selwood.

Jones - Captain. Leader. Heart and soul. Culture destroying to trade.

Petracca - Too much potential to trade.

Oliver and Hunt fit the same bill at Petracca. Hunt could be our Johanissen.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Van demon in the money!

Trac hasn't done anything except give some supporters boners (not saying he might not end up awesome) and hogan we would get heaps for and should trade of the weid came on.

Neither can kick

Why did you have to call yourself MattJomes69 it's making me hate myself

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I've gone full MFCSS with Petracca. Cooled the heels on him living up to the hype.
Crazy talk. I'm more convinced than ever that we could use him as a key forward if other options for him or the team didn't pan out. Crazy good overhead, brilliant hands at ground level and every bit the massive outlier as a power athlete that I expected. Will be a superstar.

Back