Tour De France 2013 Stage 3 Ajaccio - Calvi 145.5km

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm getting better (know all the main GC guys and sprinters, and can identify the team guernseys) but still need to rely on the commentators for when random blokes make attacks. The call for that sprint finish was bizarre though, it was clear Sagan wasn't racing unopposed to the line.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Generally you can tell from the reaction of the rider whether they won or not, so it was odd of Phil to assume Sagan had won when Sagan didn't react in a positive manner after the line.

Impey was just epic, massive balls to go for that gap. Great result for OGE, it was all they were missing last year.

And yeah, Liggett and Sherwen are pathetic. Two days in a row they have got the winner wrong now. If you can't recognise a rider head on, don't be a cycling commentator or watch some freaking races. Not being able to ID Anton was ridiculous, he is a team leader. They also didn't ID Impey as the lead out for Gerrans at all, when he made the move of the race.

Also hoping for some other personalities to be with Tommo for the wrap up. This new guy is too polished. Where is Guiness and his holiday shirts, cracking the shits when he misses the finish? Or the passive-aggressive war of words between Tommo and the Tanman, aka The A Team?

hard to belive goss is on 2 million a year .. great win for greenedge they needed it BIG time after a poor year an in the danger zone of being kicked out of the top teams...

Impey is a gun,i'd love to see greenedge ride for him more then goss at times,lets hope this is the kick start greenedge needed

Much much much prefer the commentary on Eurosport. I mean, Sean Kelly can't even speak English and he's a better commentator than Sherwin/Liggett.

But then again, at least it's not BT & D'Arse.

Pretty clear Liggett picked up the 'Sagan Wins' script about 5kms out, and didn't have anything else.

Oh well, at least we know 'They've caught all the drug taking riders now, and the Peleton is basically clean' - just like the last 100 years.

TdG will be targeting a massive stage in in the Alps. Taaramae just looks wrong, he wasn't moving at all last night when they showed him get shelled.

dunno about the bleating about the commentary. there were several references to OGE doing work in the final kms, Impey leading out and Liggett himself made the comment that the work was for Gerrans.

so he didn't assume Simon won it. would anyone else think he could beat Sagan one on one?

sure, they get things wrong, but when you have to crap on about BS for 4 hours, dealing with the different demands and cues of the different broadcasters taking their call, as well as shuffling through all the BS chateau and sites of historical significance scripts (they're not plucking s**t from thin air), screens (they're not on a moto covering a race, they're watching on a tele like you and me but at the race the media compound on a smaller tele), timing screens, etc, errors are going to happen.

if you expect a flawless call, you're going to be disappointed with every call of every single sport.

so he didn't assume Simon won it. would anyone else think he could beat Sagan one on one?
It's not that at all. If you are calling a finish, call the finish as you see it, don't have one rider printed in your mind and call the victory for him when it clearly wasn't clear cut. Watching live, I thought Gerrans had it.

Like it or not, calling the winner wrong in consecutive days is always going to warrant criticism.

We don't expect a perfect call, but the finish is such an important part of the stage that some care is critical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back